Registered: May 2005
BOUML : a free UML toolbox
BOUML is a recent free UML toolbox (GPL license) for Linux and Windows, written on Qt.
BOUML is very fast and doesn't need a large memory size (see benchmark), a Java reverse of all the JDK sources (java, javax, com...) is not a problem for it !
BOUML is composed of the modeller itself, and a list of external programs (called plug-out) being able to be written in C++ or Java (not in Visual Basic !). Any user can write a plug-out carrying out for example its favorite design pattern, the API provided carrying out the needed exchanges with the modeller. A plug-out is made using BOUML like any other program.
The plug-out contained in BOUML are currently :
- C++, Java and IDL generators
- C++ and Java reverse
- Java catalog, to easily add to the model classes coming from the JDK or another library, may be personal
- HTML documentation generator, this one is given as example of a project simultaneously producing a definition in C++ and Java
- Rose project import, except diagram in the current version
- pro file generator, these files are used by qmake to produce Makefile.
BOUML is under development, the last version is the 2.0 which introduces the artifacts of the UML 2.0, which are from now the supports of the code generation instead of the components.
BOUML and its documentation are available on http://bouml.free.fr
Happy modeling !
author of BOUML (http://bouml.free.fr)
joint author of XCORAL (http://xcoral.free.fr)
Last edited by bruno_pages on 06-06-2005 at 09:46 PM
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged