Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > Open-Source in UML > ArgoUML
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jsn

Thumbs up ArgoUML

Hi

I found an open source version for UML in http://argouml.tigris.org/

it is called ArgoUML.

It looks interesting, but I couldn't download it.

Is there anyone that is using ArgoUML?

thanks
jsn

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-16-2001 05:48 PM
jsn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jsn Click here to Send jsn a Private Message Find more posts by jsn Add jsn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mtmonacelli

I really wanted to use Argo, but it has quite a ways to go in order to be useful (or even bearable). Until Argo matures, I am resorting to either MagicDraw or Describe:
http://www.jeckle.de/umltools.htm

Old Post 10-19-2001 07:15 AM
mtmonacelli is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mtmonacelli Find more posts by mtmonacelli Add mtmonacelli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mosketero

Poseidon is a commercial and improved version of ArgoUML which I was told is far more stable and with added funcionality.

You can download the "Community Edition" for free, and use it until 2004, or get a full-life license by registering.

I've just started to use it, so I can't tell if it's very useful or not... but it's better than nothing, and suitable for students that need to produce UML diagrams (like me ).

--
Abel

Old Post 03-07-2002 09:42 AM
Mosketero is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mosketero Click here to Send Mosketero a Private Message Find more posts by Mosketero Add Mosketero to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bo32

http://www.objecteering.com/us/produits.php

The personal version is free. This tool is great!

Bo32

Old Post 09-20-2002 04:29 PM
bo32 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bo32 Click here to Send bo32 a Private Message Find more posts by bo32 Add bo32 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gibson

Argo is not user-friendly enough compared with visual paradigm

The diagrams made by visual paradigm is more pretty

Old Post 10-02-2002 08:30 AM
gibson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gibson Click here to Send gibson a Private Message Find more posts by gibson Add gibson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobtarling

Interesting comments but a bit out of date now. I hope people are checking back to see the progress at http://argouml.tigris.org

If you believe it is not user friendly or lacks features then please raise issues an let us know.

We are approaching a major release which involves an upgrade to use MDR rather than NSUML. This has moved us up to UML1.4 and we are not stopping there.

Check us out. If you don't like the product tell us why or even better get involved.

Regards

Bob.

Old Post 12-15-2005 01:46 PM
bobtarling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bobtarling Click here to Send bobtarling a Private Message Visit bobtarling's homepage! Find more posts by bobtarling Add bobtarling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote