Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > Books > Which one of the Phillip Kruchten books?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
zulu99

Which one of the Phillip Kruchten books?

Hi All

Require your advice on which book to for if I have to kickstart RUP

I saw 2 books in the market

1) Rational Unified Process : An Introduction by Phillipe Kruchten

2) Rational Unified Process Made Easy by Phillipe Kruchten

Kindly let me know which should opt for. I am starting RUP & only have a vague idea of the same

Bye

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-20-2004 12:30 PM
zulu99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zulu99 Click here to Send zulu99 a Private Message Find more posts by zulu99 Add zulu99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SZ
Administrator

I would recommend The Rational Unified Process Made Easy, which is also co-authored by Per Kroll, who manages the development of RUP at Rational Software (IBM). He has been training and mentoring in RUP for over 10 years and this book shows a lot of that experience.

This is a more complete RUP book and includes a number of example projects. It is easier to follow the RUP process, step-by-step using this book. The last section of the book, A Role-Based Guide, provides specific guidelines in separate chapters for the Manager, Analyst, Architect, and Developer, describing in detail what a person in each role would do to practice RUP.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-28-2004 05:03 AM
SZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SZ Click here to Send SZ a Private Message Visit SZ's homepage! Find more posts by SZ Add SZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote