Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > XMI to HTML > XMI to HTML for Poseidon?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
fborcel

Question XMI to HTML for Poseidon?

I'm working with PoseidonCE to generate my models. Has anyone tried (or is anyone willing...) to modify xmi-to-html.xsl to include the text in the documentation tab?

Poseidon will let you add notes in html format for each definition, from classess to attributes, operations, parameters, etc. within a construct that looks like:

<Foundation.Core.ModelElement.taggedValue>
<Foundation.Extension_Mechanisms.TaggedValue xmi.id="xmi.19">
<Foundation.Extension_Mechanisms.TaggedValue.tag>documentation</Foundation.Extension_Mechanisms.TaggedValue.tag>
<Foundation.Extension_Mechanisms.TaggedValue.value><p> This is some documentation I added for this... </p>
</Foundation.Extension_Mechanisms.TaggedValue.value>
<Foundation.Extension_Mechanisms.TaggedValue.modelElement>
</Foundation.Extension_Mechanisms.TaggedValue>
</Foundation.Core.ModelElement.taggedValue>

I'd give it a shot myself, but I haven't got the grip of it yet.

Fernando.

Attachment: foo.xml
This has been downloaded 2108 time(s).

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-13-2002 08:14 PM
fborcel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fborcel Click here to Send fborcel a Private Message Find more posts by fborcel Add fborcel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
teledyn

Post XMI 1.2 Use-case to HTML (provisional)

Since my search for such a thing lead me here, I'm assuming others may also end up here looking to scratch the same itch, and so here is my one-afternoon solution.

Using the community edition of the Poseidon (from the JNLP launcher) I get XMI 1.2, which is very, very different from the XMI in the attachment in that previous message, and looks very different from the XMI in the Poseidon RC that was posted a few days ago. Since it will need to be redone again for this new XMI, I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it.

My problem is a common problem: Class diagrams I can trade with colleagues in XMI, but it's the use-case where I need to communicate with non-technical people, and non-techies like MsWord. Thus I had a double problem: Poseidon Community Edition does not support print, and even if it did, apparently (at least in the RC) it does not print the descriptions for actors and use-cases. Thus I set out to extract descriptions, but based on the previous Class-Diagram method, I figured out how to add a few other useful bits.

It's not complete, and it may be broken, but it's doing the job for me right now. The most urgent thing it needs is Extends and Includes tracking; patches and other improvements are most welcome.

Old Post 08-08-2003 06:11 AM
teledyn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for teledyn Click here to Send teledyn a Private Message Visit teledyn's homepage! Find more posts by teledyn Add teledyn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
teledyn

UC to HTML

the attachment was lost in the preview -- didn't read that warning about not accepting odd extensions

Here it is again ...

Attachment: uctohtml.xsl
This has been downloaded 2082 time(s).

Old Post 08-08-2003 06:15 AM
teledyn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for teledyn Click here to Send teledyn a Private Message Visit teledyn's homepage! Find more posts by teledyn Add teledyn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote