Registered: Oct 2004
Can anyone help a newbie who just come accross his first UML case problem?
I will detail the scenario then hope one of you guys out there can give me a bit of assistance....
Here is a short description of an application area.
My Company Garages Ltd owns several garages. Each garage is equipped to perform car servicing.
A car serviced by a garage belongs either to an individual or to one of several companies registered with the garage. Each such company is registered with precisely one garage and has their cars serviced by that garage alone. A company may register with a garage some time before having a car serviced there.
Each garage employs one or more specialist mechanics to participate in major services, with each specialist mechanic working for exactly one garage. A major service requires the participation of between one and four specialist mechanics (other services do not involve specialist mechanics).
The My Company Garages system will provide support for the corporation’s administration department in the following ways.
• Given the (unique) location of a garage, the system will provide the name, address and qualifications of each specialist mechanic currently employed by the garage.
• In response to an enquiry about registered companies, the system will, for each garage, provide a list containing the business name and email address of each company registered with that garage. For each such company, the system will list the registration number of each car owned by the company (including those of cars owned by the company which have yet to be serviced).
• Given the (unique) location of a garage, and the service number of a service carried out by that garage (the service number being unique within that garage), the system will provide the date of the service and the registration number of the car on which the service was performed. If an individual owns the car the system will provide the name and telephone number of that person, otherwise it will provide the business name of the company that owns the car. For a major service the system will also provide details of the parts used in the service, and the name of each specialist mechanic (currently employed by the garage) who participated in that service.
1. The names of your two new classes, identifying whether they represent either: tangible object, role, event, or organisational unit.
2. A Class-Association diagram, using correct UML notation. Any generalisations should be identified. Your diagram should show Class and association names, together with multiplicity of the association. Any abstract classes should be identified. You will have to invent suitable names for the associations. Hand-drawn diagrams are acceptable for this part. A CASE tool (e.g. Microsoft Visio) can also be used to create the diagram.
Supporting Explanation. In this section you need to explain and justify why you have chosen (and named) the associations, together with their multiplicities and any inheritance relationships
Cheers as this is really getting my head in a twist - Just a starting point or guidelines would be much appreciated
I have attached what I think is correct, but any advice would be gratefull
This has been downloaded 1930 time(s).
Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged