Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Tools > UML to XMI to XML Schema
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Catcoll

Question UML to XMI to XML Schema

I would like to find a UML tool that allows me to go from a UML class model to an XML Schema. I'm kind of assuming that the model will have to be transformed using XMI at some point.

I am currently using Rose to create the UML model, then transforming it to XMI and importing it to Eclipse hyperModel. HyperModel then handles the generation of the schema. However, in order to have hyperModel do the transformation, I have to layer all the xml stereotypes in the Rose model before I export. I'm finding this really laborious and would prefer that this be done automatically by setting up some transformation rules.

I have taken a look at the demo for MagicDraw which seemingly has some kind of transformation wizard. However, intuitive it ain't and I think I may have to buy the full version before receiving the full documentation on this aspect of the tool.

I was wondering if anyone else out there is trying to achieve the same goal or has any experience of UML->XML, and has any tips that they could share with me?

Much obliged!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-22-2005 10:31 AM
Catcoll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Catcoll Find more posts by Catcoll Add Catcoll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote