Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > cleared with 77%
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
tausifk

Talking cleared with 77%

Hi guys,

Alhamdolillah, I cleared the IBM-486 Test with 77% marks..

First of all, I would like to thank Bala & CFW for their excellent work in preparing the sample questions and also by providing study material.. It was really helpful. Also, I am thankful to each one in this forum be helping me, directly or indirectly.

The marks are as follows -

Develompent process - 71%
Requirement Modeling - 70%
Architecture - 86%
static modeling - 75%
Dynamic Modeling - 92%
Design & Impl Tech - 57%

I started my preparation couple of months back..But due to some unexpected reasons I could not carry on. My actual preparation started just 3 wks ago.
*I went thru Fowler book twice, First time i just read it as a story book and second time a quick but careful reading.
*I read Larman book Once.
*Fowler & Larman bullet notes provided by our great guys
*These forums and yahoo groups.
*and ofcourse the Sample questions by Bala & CFW (thnks once again)

While i took the sample test, i could hardly score 55%, it was quite depressing.. But I noticed that in the discussion forum a few have agreed that some of the questions answered were wrong... Hence, I request you (Bala & CFW) to update your answers at the following URL's

http://www.objectsbydesign.com/proj...-answers-1.html
http://www.objectsbydesign.com/proj...-answers-2.html

http://www.objectsbydesign.com/proj...-answers-2.html
(I noticed that you have been telling us time and again that the xml file will be updated. But unfortunately, you have not done it as yet. We would like you to help us by updating them too)

I might have taken the answers from old repository.

Please do let me know if i can help you preparing, those who are going to takeup the exam.

Thanks

Last edited by tausifk on 12-10-2004 at 06:58 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-07-2004 10:07 PM
tausifk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tausifk Click here to Send tausifk a Private Message Find more posts by tausifk Add tausifk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
danny_nir

UML certification procedure

Hello There,
I am working as a business analyst in Bangalore. I want to take up UML certification. How to go about it, please do let me know.

Old Post 01-05-2005 03:23 AM
danny_nir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for danny_nir Click here to Send danny_nir a Private Message Find more posts by danny_nir Add danny_nir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tausifk

Hi Danny,

you must, MUST read this two books:
1. Fowler's UML Distilled 2nd edition, and
2. Larman's Applying UML and Patterns

->apart from these books, u should get register to yahoo group called ooad_meda forum you can find lots of good material there

-> the links i have given in my post, just go thru those sample questions.. it will definately help you..

-> dont forget to make sure that u get 17" monitor to write the exam else ur half of the time will go in scrolling.. since Exam questions are 60:40 on exhibits and non exhibits respectively.

keep an eye on this forum and in javaranch forum

dont hasitate to ask any prob u have

all the best
tausif

Old Post 01-05-2005 05:06 AM
tausifk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tausifk Click here to Send tausifk a Private Message Find more posts by tausifk Add tausifk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
danny_nir

Hello Tausif,

Some few questions, I am based in bangalore
1. Whom to contact for training.
2. Where to register for training and certification
3. What will be the cost.

Thank you

Old Post 01-05-2005 05:29 AM
danny_nir is offline Click Here to See the Profile for danny_nir Click here to Send danny_nir a Private Message Find more posts by danny_nir Add danny_nir to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tausifk

hi,

1. Whom to contact for training.
- I think its better to prepare urself. Its not that difficult that u need to join some institute to prepare. But may be u r not familier with UML & coding so u may find it bit difficult. LETS SEE WHAT OTHER SAYS

2. Where to register for training and certification
- see this link:
http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin...26&t=002653

3. What will be the cost.
- the cost for the test alone is just around INR 3800/-
- the cost for the whizlab test will be around 10 USD(roughly)

regards

Old Post 01-05-2005 06:20 AM
asr_reddy

congrats...

Hi
Congrats.. I am surender i cleared test with 90% at that time u had given reply of congrats at that time u r planning to take test , infact i could not able login to site. Today only i can see u r info.

Bye
surender
Covansys Bangalore.

Old Post 01-05-2005 06:53 PM
asr_reddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for asr_reddy Click here to Send asr_reddy a Private Message Find more posts by asr_reddy Add asr_reddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tausifk

Hi reddy,

Yea i did see your score.. u really did a cool job.
thnx for your wishes..

then, which exam are u preparing for?

Old Post 01-05-2005 07:10 PM
ka3ki2004

How many Hours Daily !!

Cong. tausifk

Great job, i am planning to take this exam soon
I have read UML Distilled book once till now

how many hours daily did you study to
pass the exam ??

SCJP 1.4
IBM WebSphere

Old Post 01-17-2005 03:09 PM
ka3ki2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ka3ki2004 Click here to Send ka3ki2004 a Private Message Find more posts by ka3ki2004 Add ka3ki2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tausifk

Hi ka3ki2004,
Thanks..
I prepared for around 2 hours daily.. but last couple of days i spend more time say around 3-4 hours.

Go through larman book as well and give a quick revision to fowler

Wish u best of luck, and do tell us ur score

Old Post 01-18-2005 06:42 AM
ka3ki2004

Talking Passed

Hi Tausifk,

Thanks God (Alhamdolillah), I Passed the IBM-486 Exam last tuesday

As a matter of fact i have not got a high mark, but i doesn't matter any more , anyway i got 74%

The marks are as follows -

Develompent Process - 86%
Requirement Modeling - 40%
Architecture - 100%
static modeling - 75%
Dynamic Modeling - 85%
Design & Imp. Tech. - 57%

As you can see, what made my marks low is "Requirement Modeling"

It was a tough exam, i burnt all the the time of the exam. It was full of diagrams.

I started my actual preparation first 2 months ago.. The last two 10 days i was just doing mock exams.

Here is my notes for whom wants to prepare for the exam:

- Read Larman Book Once
- Read Fowler Book 2 times
- Use WhizLabs, they very good (don't get desperate if you didnt pass the diagonistic and the first exam , this what happened with me....at the final i got 46/56 )
- Do the Mocks provided by CFW & Bparanj (these are excellent exams, thanks to the great guys)
- Read the study notes http://www.objectsbydesign.com/book..._uml.html#notes

After i finished studying i took the IBM ICE sample test, i cleared it with 82%, but unfortunately i found it provided by "Mikalai Zaikin" in the forums
at http://java.boot.by/magnet-mocker/download/engine.html &
http://java.boot.by/magnet-mocker/download/exams.html

I compared his exam with the exam i took, its actually the same except for 2 questions

Oh , i almost forget, guys really you have to get not less than 17" monitor, i really read about this in the forum but i didnt give it a great attention.
Its really worthy if u got this size of monitor, the diagrams were sooooo big.

Finally, I want to Thank all the guys here in this forum, your nots, discussion and mocks were very helpfull

Emad (Ka3ki2004),

IBM 486 OOAD
IBM 285
SCJP

Old Post 04-30-2005 10:46 PM
ka3ki2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ka3ki2004 Click here to Send ka3ki2004 a Private Message Find more posts by ka3ki2004 Add ka3ki2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tausifk

hey Emad,
congrats man... pass is pass and ur score is not bad atall.
so where is the party then?

Tausif

Old Post 05-01-2005 09:35 AM
ka3ki2004

Talking

Hello Tausif,

All the days are party now its really amazing
Actually when i pressed the END button and saw that i pass took i a big BREATH

Thanks for your help and encouragement

Old Post 05-01-2005 04:56 PM
missmallikashah

congrats tausifk..

hello tausifk,
i m mallika..
first of all congrats man for clearing IBM 's 486 exam ...hey , i m also preparing for the same..
i need ur help..have got the fowler and larman's books.but dont have any mock tests for UML..the one link of magnet mocker, isitnt it abt java questions..there is nothing related to UML questions..plz send me the proper link for the same..
and cud u plz clarify me for the ICE test..do we have to buy that test or is it free..
can u plz send me the link..
also send me any other links for the uml free mock online links ..
i have cleared SCJP 5.0
and now m preparing for 486..

reagrds,
mallika

Old Post 05-17-2006 03:21 PM
missmallikashah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for missmallikashah Click here to Send missmallikashah a Private Message Find more posts by missmallikashah Add missmallikashah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tausifk

Re: congrats tausifk..

quote:
Originally posted by missmallikashah
hello tausifk,
i m mallika..
first of all congrats man for clearing IBM 's 486 exam ...hey , i m also preparing for the same..
i need ur help..have got the fowler and larman's books.but dont have any mock tests for UML..the one link of magnet mocker, isitnt it abt java questions..there is nothing related to UML questions..plz send me the proper link for the same..
and cud u plz clarify me for the ICE test..do we have to buy that test or is it free..
can u plz send me the link..
also send me any other links for the uml free mock online links ..
i have cleared SCJP 5.0
and now m preparing for 486..

reagrds,
mallika

Hello Mallika,

Thanks for your wishes...

Good you decided for takingup OOAD exam it is really good and really helpful.

please do read my initial post carefully. I have written the tips and how i did prepared for the same. it will be really helpful for u.

the mock exam is available here:
this is really helpful and enough to prepare. and do register to ooad_meda yahoo group. you will get lots of material there... you can also ask ur.. guys are really helpful there.
read atleast 2 times both the books... drink lots of water before u appear the exam wish u all the best

do not hasitate to ask any other question u have..

Tausif

Old Post 05-17-2006 05:07 PM
missmallikashah

thanks tausif..

hello tausifk,
i m really thankful to u for ur reply and the guidance..aslo i joined the ooad_meda yahoo group..that seems a lot helpful...

thanks again,
mallika

Old Post 05-17-2006 09:21 PM
missmallikashah is offline Click Here to See the Profile for missmallikashah Click here to Send missmallikashah a Private Message Find more posts by missmallikashah Add missmallikashah to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote