Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > Books > Any suggestions for a good RUP book?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
felchlin

Question Any suggestions for a good RUP book?

I'm an experienced OOA/D developer, and I'm looking into the Rational Unified Process (aka RUP). I know something about the Unified Process from Larman's book, but I'd like to learn about the RUP specifically.

Does anyone have suggestions on a good book or any other reference for a person who is familiar with the Unified Process but new to the RUP specifically?

All feedback welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited by felchlin on 01-18-2003 at 10:11 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-08-2003 07:15 PM
felchlin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for felchlin Click here to Send felchlin a Private Message Visit felchlin's homepage! Find more posts by felchlin Add felchlin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SZ
Administrator

The Rational Unified Process: An Introduction (2nd Edition)
by Philippe Kruchten has some very positive reviews on amazon.

It appears to be one of the few titles dedicated just to RUP.

Old Post 01-14-2003 03:14 AM
SZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SZ Click here to Send SZ a Private Message Visit SZ's homepage! Find more posts by SZ Add SZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ebengtso

The best RUP book:

The Unified Software Development Process
Ivar Jacobson, Grady Booch, James Rumbaugh

Old Post 04-01-2003 07:59 PM
ebengtso is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ebengtso Click here to Send ebengtso a Private Message Find more posts by ebengtso Add ebengtso to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SZ
Administrator

The Rational Unified Process Made Easy (Addison Wesley, 2003) by Per Kroll and Philippe Kruchten is another excellent title. It is very well written and covers how the RUP is relevant to each participant in both small and large projects. I highly recommend this title.

Old Post 10-31-2003 12:00 PM
SZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SZ Click here to Send SZ a Private Message Visit SZ's homepage! Find more posts by SZ Add SZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote