Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > Suggestions? > Request to start a new Group for IEEE's CSDP Certification.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ram100475

Lightbulb Request to start a new Group for IEEE's CSDP Certification.

Hello,
I would like to start a new discussion group discussed below. I would like to know if there is some one whom I can contact regarding this. My member details are given below

New Group Suggestion

Certification:Certified Software Development Professional (CSDP)

Organized by: IEEE

Certification Details

Certification Objectives

Certification Requirements

Requirement Headings:
I. Professionalism and Engineering Economics
II. Software Requirements
III. Software Design
IV. Software Construction
V. Software Testing
VI. Software Maintenance
VII. Software Engineering Management
VIII. Software Configuration Management
IX. Software Engineering Process
X. Software Engineering Tools and Methods
XI. Software Quality

I hope if this group is started it will help a lot of people to discuss, learn and prepare for the IEEE certification specified above.

Kindly let me know whom to contact.

Thanks
Ramakrishnan Seshadri.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-08-2002 09:47 PM
ram100475 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ram100475 Click here to Send ram100475 a Private Message Find more posts by ram100475 Add ram100475 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sduskis

Thumbs up I second the motion

This definitely deserves a closer look by OBD.

Old Post 02-11-2002 08:32 PM
sduskis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sduskis Click here to Send sduskis a Private Message Find more posts by sduskis Add sduskis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SZ
Administrator

I am not sure why readers of these forums would be inclined to spend time on this certification test. I took a look at the web site and found that the test was too spread out over the entire discipline of software engineering. Our own recommendation is to stay focused on UML since it provides a rigorous and complete framework for software design.

When I looked for UML on the IEEE certification site I could barely find any references. Only one of the recommended texts - Fundamentals of Object-Oriented Design in UML by Meilir Page-Jones - is focused on UML. But the IEEE site lists this as one of several recommended books of which a student need only choose one. While this is a well-regarded text, it is not nearly as comprehensive as Craig Larman's Applying UML, which is the recommended text for the IBM UML certification.

While we do believe that the topics covered by the exam are very important, nevertheless it seems that this range of topics is more apropos for software managers or senior architects, not for the programmers that frequent this site.

Also, it seems that you have already started a discussion group on Yahoo groups. It is not a good idea to have more than one discussion group since you will fragment your readers this way.

I would like to hear some additional feedback, though.

Old Post 02-13-2002 03:53 AM
SZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SZ Click here to Send SZ a Private Message Visit SZ's homepage! Find more posts by SZ Add SZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote