Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Just finished the real test -- ??? Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
shreedev

Question Just finished the real test -- ???

Hi,
Today I took the real test. It is a great experience and the test
1) Comprises of 55 questions.
2) Time limit is 120 mns.
3) Almost 60--70% of questions with exibits(diagrams).
4) Few with multiple diagrams.
5) The sample test questions are very very easy when compared with the real one.
6) I have scored more than 80% in the sample test few times but in the real test I scored only 66%.

Please post your views, How to excel in this test.

Thanks and regards,

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-16-2001 10:13 AM
shreedev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shreedev Click here to Send shreedev a Private Message Find more posts by shreedev Add shreedev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
laxmi

Hi,
This is laxmi.
Congratulations about your success. I need your guidence.
I finished my JCP , and want to write more certifications.
I thought of going for a J2EE architecture but not sure weather I can finish it or not.
That's why I want to go for a UML certification. Could you guide me , how to begin.........?
I just want to know how the exam pattern will be.
Thanks,
Laxmi

Old Post 08-21-2001 07:02 PM
laxmi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for laxmi Find more posts by laxmi Add laxmi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shreedev

Start here.

Hi,
Please visit www.jcert.org, you can get all the information. There is link to IBM web site which provide more detailed information. Please read my previous posting again. I got 66% only (FAILED -- no need to congradulate).

Thanks and Regards,

Old Post 08-24-2001 06:05 AM
shreedev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shreedev Click here to Send shreedev a Private Message Find more posts by shreedev Add shreedev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pfexa

Is there anybody out there who passed the real test?

What is the passing score?

I am scoring about 80% with the IBM sample test.

Going to take the real test on Aug 31

I will report...

Old Post 08-29-2001 01:52 PM
pfexa is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pfexa Click here to Send pfexa a Private Message Find more posts by pfexa Add pfexa to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
noppachat

Hi,
i have one silly question :P.
Do i need to pass JCP before take UML cert. test?
Thankx

Old Post 10-16-2001 04:53 AM
noppachat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for noppachat Click here to Send noppachat a Private Message Find more posts by noppachat Add noppachat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pax

It seems to me that the Development Process is the most difficult part. It is not covered so detailed in Larman's book which i otherwise find very useful.

/Patrick

Old Post 10-18-2001 12:36 PM
pax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pax Click here to Send pax a Private Message Find more posts by pax Add pax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shreedev

Thumbs up your exam

Hi pfexa,
What happened to your exam. I hope you might have passed. pls. share your experience.

Thanks and Regards,
sridhar

Old Post 10-26-2001 10:25 AM
Stephen Hosking

"I passed the test about a month ago (77%).

I have not even programmed in OO stuff for more than a year, never mind OOAD.
My first intro to OOAD was 3 months ago. Reading the Fowler book again and again was the best preparation. Also I read the Larman book once for more detail, but the Fowler is the one to know.
Some other facts: I never got more than 70% on the sample test.
I found the sample one much more vague. I am of average intelligence!"

Actually, I wish this was me, but it isn't. FYC I have reposted this from the thread "Who writes Use Cases".

It looks like the Fowler book is the one to get. I have been doing OOP and OOAD for 10 years, (more or less), and can't get more than 70% in the sample test.

QUESTION TO ANYONE WHO HAS TAKEN THE EXAM
The sample test has very little about specifics of UML notation, such as adornments and well-formedness of diagrams. Most of the questions relate to the process, and to difficult design decisions. Is the real exam like this?

Old Post 11-24-2001 11:27 PM
Stephen Hosking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stephen Hosking Click here to Send Stephen Hosking a Private Message Find more posts by Stephen Hosking Add Stephen Hosking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stephen Hosking

See also new post by SEY in "Who writes Use Cases"

Old Post 11-25-2001 10:40 PM
Stephen Hosking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stephen Hosking Click here to Send Stephen Hosking a Private Message Find more posts by Stephen Hosking Add Stephen Hosking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tman191

congratulations

Old Post 11-26-2001 01:57 PM
tman191 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tman191 Click here to Send tman191 a Private Message Find more posts by tman191 Add tman191 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
itgal

What is the passing score for this exam? I am taking the test tomorrow. Will report.

My Study Material:

1. Craig Larman's - Applying UML and Patterns
2. Fowler-Scott - UML Distilled
3. IBM's ICE Exam

I have scored 90% on the ICE exams, but am still worried about this exam.

Old Post 12-04-2001 10:47 AM
itgal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for itgal Click here to Send itgal a Private Message Find more posts by itgal Add itgal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pax

Just took the exam

Hi all !

I just finished the real test, and I passed with a 79 % score. I agree with the earlier postings, if you know the Larman book and Fowler's Distilled inside out and score about 75 to 80 % in the sample test you likely to pass the test. I also bought the Booch User's Guide but it was a waste of money with respect to studying for the test. It's a good (but expensive) book but you don't have to read it to pass the test. It is useful though as a reference book because it is much more detailed regarding the UML syntax and the different sorts of diagram than the other books I mentioned.

MY best recommendation is to do the sample tests as many times as possible, because after a while you start wondering why you can't score better than you do, even after doing the test a number of times. Then you start analyzing the questions in detail, and then you suddenly notice these small details in the questions you have previously overlooked (at least I did !) and then you start learning things. And these small details are very useful to have trained seeing when you are doing the real test.

I might mention that I have about a year's experience in OO programming Java and none in UML, so it took me about three months to study for the test.

/regards Patrick

Old Post 12-07-2001 08:37 PM
pax is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pax Click here to Send pax a Private Message Find more posts by pax Add pax to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tman191

Congratulations. Good job.
I have taken quite a few certifications, but I am unusually nervous about this one.

I am really going to cram with Larman, Fowler, ICE, UML24HOURS, and now brainbench the next few weeks.

Good luck everyone

Old Post 12-08-2001 05:56 PM
tman191 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tman191 Click here to Send tman191 a Private Message Find more posts by tman191 Add tman191 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
noppachat

Thumbs up

congratulations!!!! pat.
i plan to get it soon, but i have no time to concentrate in practicing (only) for the test... mmm... good luck for me... :P

Old Post 12-11-2001 03:18 AM
noppachat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for noppachat Click here to Send noppachat a Private Message Find more posts by noppachat Add noppachat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Raghav

Passing score

pfexa

I guess you had asked the passing score for the UML test. I think the passing score is 70%.

Visit this link for more info

http://www.objectsbydesign.com/tools/certification.html

Good luck !!

Old Post 08-28-2002 11:14 PM
Raghav is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Raghav Find more posts by Raghav Add Raghav to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote