Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > Books > Object Oriented Technology: from diagram to code with Visual Paradigm for UML
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
StellaAu

Object Oriented Technology: from diagram to code with Visual Paradigm for UML

The book, Object-Oriented Technology: From Diagram to Code with Visual Paradigm for UML, is written for students and software developers who wish to master the skill in applying Unified Modeling Language for software development. Readers of this book will learn object-oriented analysis, design and implementation using appropriate UML models, process, techniques and tool.

Links: http://www.visual-paradigm.com/spec...plechapters.jsp

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-09-2005 09:35 AM
StellaAu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StellaAu Click here to Send StellaAu a Private Message Visit StellaAu's homepage! Find more posts by StellaAu Add StellaAu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SZ
Administrator

I took a look at the sample chapters and was actually quite impressed. The chapter on use cases touches on advanced concepts such as use case textual analysis for the discovery of classes, use case templates for describing use cases, and extends and includes relationships between use cases. The chapter on modeling and analysis gives an excellent overview of key object-oriented design principles and uses good examples.

Looking forward to seeing the full book...

Old Post 05-10-2005 03:56 AM
SZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SZ Click here to Send SZ a Private Message Visit SZ's homepage! Find more posts by SZ Add SZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vina_melody

Hi I'm a newbie here... I'm feeling lucky as a student can join this forum.

I also found this book several days ago and perhaps this can help me doing my software project, but i live in asia (indonesia) and unfortunately that book is not available yet... other than amazon.com, where can i buy this book?

thank you

Old Post 06-22-2005 09:22 AM
vina_melody is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vina_melody Click here to Send vina_melody a Private Message Find more posts by vina_melody Add vina_melody to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
StellaAu

Please contact sales@visual-paradigm.com for buying the book.
Thanks.

Old Post 06-22-2005 09:36 AM
StellaAu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for StellaAu Click here to Send StellaAu a Private Message Visit StellaAu's homepage! Find more posts by StellaAu Add StellaAu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vina_melody

Unhappy

Thanks Stella... i did send email to them and i've just read the reply. My question is why they sell it more 'commercially' ?? actually, while i'm waiting the reply, i searched (with google) and i found some pricing which are:
- amazon.com give $35.47
- mcgraw-hill's official site give $24
at that time i thought they may be give better price for a student like me, but they wrote $42.....

besides, the shipping fee to indonesia or generally south east asia is above $5....

anyway, i think i should consider other bookstores....

Old Post 06-23-2005 02:04 PM
vina_melody is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vina_melody Click here to Send vina_melody a Private Message Find more posts by vina_melody Add vina_melody to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote