Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Tools > Rational Rose adornment question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ferraridom

Rational Rose adornment question

Hi all, long time reader, first time poster.

I've got a question reagarding adornments on a class diagram...

I'm trying to get the "direction" arrowhead to show up on a bidrectional association. I've got the option checked and have established the direction in the properties for the association but can't get the little black triangle to show up!

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how the heck can I get them to show up?

Thanks!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-13-2005 03:11 AM
ferraridom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ferraridom Click here to Send ferraridom a Private Message Find more posts by ferraridom Add ferraridom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lmunday

Unhappy

Rose does not show arrowheads on bi-directional associations.

Les.

Old Post 09-27-2005 07:55 PM
lmunday is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lmunday Click here to Send lmunday a Private Message Find more posts by lmunday Add lmunday to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ferraridom

quote:
Originally posted by lmunday
Rose does not show arrowheads on bi-directional associations.

Les.

it CAN show arrowheads on BI-directional associations, you just have to specify that you want them there, its a total cluge, but it can be done.

I dont want the direction ON the association, as arroheads on a bidirectional association are optional, per spec. I'm looking for the little black direction triangle that can be placed above the association.

What really chaps by rear is that Rose Help specifically addresses "direction" as a valid adornment, even going so far as to show you how to do it, but nothing happens on any of the installs i attempt it on

Old Post 09-27-2005 08:16 PM
ferraridom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ferraridom Click here to Send ferraridom a Private Message Find more posts by ferraridom Add ferraridom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote