Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Finished UML Cert.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jai.wiz

Thumbs up Finished UML Cert.

HI all,
Today I finished the UML Certification and and managed to get 70%. Basically, the exam had about 80% exhibit questions, but the non exhibit questions were almost easy. Some of the questions were really ambiguous to me. To say frankly I have 0% exp. in OO and I realize that some OO exp. could have fetched more marks. Any way I am now IBM OOAD Certified :-)

Jai

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-04-2005 10:40 AM
jai.wiz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jai.wiz Click here to Send jai.wiz a Private Message Find more posts by jai.wiz Add jai.wiz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjk

Congrats Jai...could you tell me what all books or material did you refer to while preparing for this certification?

Old Post 04-06-2005 08:51 AM
mjk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mjk Find more posts by mjk Add mjk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jai.wiz

Basically the 2 books Larman and Fowler.....Basically I think that will suffice.

In addition i went thru Bala and cfw questions ... then I went thru. whizlabs simulator, which had lots of imporant tips which were really very useful...and also IBM ICE quiz which was posted by Mikhalai jus days before i took the exam.

But I feel the 2 prescribed books are the one would need to clear this exam. If you need more info, feel free to ask me..... :-)

Jai

Old Post 04-06-2005 11:08 AM
jai.wiz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jai.wiz Click here to Send jai.wiz a Private Message Find more posts by jai.wiz Add jai.wiz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mjk

hey..thx for replying....how many days did you take to prepare for this certification?

Old Post 04-06-2005 11:22 AM
mjk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mjk Find more posts by mjk Add mjk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jai.wiz

Actually I took around 2 months.....1st month and around 2nd month for first reading the 2 books slowly and the last 15 days for preparing for the exam sake. Overall It was a gud feeling reading for it. I learnt a lot!

Jai

Old Post 04-06-2005 12:54 PM