Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > XMI to HTML > Importing XMI to Rational
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ffxhub

Importing XMI to Rational

I am having a bit of a problem importing my XMI documents into Rational Rose. Does any have any help they could lend in this area? Rational's help doesn't even have XMI in it, so I am wondering if it is an add on or what. I am exporting the files from Enterprise Architect and ModelMaker.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Paul

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-23-2003 09:36 PM
ffxhub is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ffxhub Click here to Send ffxhub a Private Message Find more posts by ffxhub Add ffxhub to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SZ
Administrator

The Rational XMI Add-in originally came from some talented folks at Unisys, who were early advocates of XMI. I believe they either donated it to Rational or licensed it to them.

You can find the XMI Add-in on the Rational Add-ins web page.

I have seen that it supports XMI 1.0 and 1.1 but my suspicion is that there hasn't been too much interoperability between implementations of XMI. This is especially true because there really never was a reference implementation, something we have spoken about elsewhere.

XMI 1.2 might be a different story for interoperability. See the forum thread on XMI 1.2 for more information. However, this won't help you because it seems that Rational has not upgraded to the latest XMI 1.2 specification.

Old Post 06-24-2003 02:40 AM
SZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SZ Click here to Send SZ a Private Message Visit SZ's homepage! Find more posts by SZ Add SZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ffxhub

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems that Unisys XMI only works with Rational 2001A and 2002. If you have the newest verison, 2003, then it won't work. I guess that's going to be a big problem when deciding on which modeling tool my company should be purchasing.

Paul

Old Post 06-24-2003 02:03 PM
ffxhub is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ffxhub Click here to Send ffxhub a Private Message Find more posts by ffxhub Add ffxhub to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ffxhub

Looks like I found it the answer to make it work with Rose 2003 After much searching and emailing I found out that I have to edit my registry to get the current Unisys Add-In to work. The Add-In for Rational Rose 2003 will be out soon they say.

Paul

Old Post 06-24-2003 07:04 PM