Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > Books > Review/Suggestion Requested
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
muzammilg

Review/Suggestion Requested

I am new to UML. I need some source both to learn and use UML especially for developing J2EE applications. Can anybody review

Developing Enterprise Java Applications with J2EE(TM) and UML by Khawar Zaman Ahmed, Cary E. Umrysh

Or if you could suggest me some other book for UML+J2EE that will be great.

This book has been published in October 17, 2001. Is it gonna make any difference.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-23-2004 08:23 AM
muzammilg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for muzammilg Click here to Send muzammilg a Private Message Find more posts by muzammilg Add muzammilg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
badarjee

Khawar's book is great. I have a copy and it has been very beneficial. I also suggest another book.

"Building J2EE Applications with the Rational Unified Process" by Peter Eeles and Kelli Houston published by Addison-Wesley in 2003. Have fun.

Badar

Old Post 06-23-2004 06:10 PM
badarjee is offline Click Here to See the Profile for badarjee Click here to Send badarjee a Private Message Visit badarjee's homepage! Find more posts by badarjee Add badarjee to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
muzammilg

Talking

Badar
Thanks a lot. I really appreciate your help. Just one more question. If I have to select one of the above said books ( due to financial reasons ) Which one of would you suggest.

-Muzammil

Old Post 06-24-2004 12:28 AM
muzammilg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for muzammilg Click here to Send muzammilg a Private Message Find more posts by muzammilg Add muzammilg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SZ
Administrator

There is another book which is very good - Developing Applications with Java and UML by Paul Reed, which provides a complete UML and J2EE example.

However, before jumping into EJB, I would recommend all of this forum's readers to take a look at Spring and Hibernate. These two open-source projects provide a light-weight alternative to EJB's and are starting to gain significant momentum.

One of the first books out on Spring and Hibernate is Bruce Tate's Better, Faster, Lighter Java. Bruce is one of the leading critics of EJB, so his endorsement of the Spring / Hibernate combination as an alternative architecture is a major vote of confidence.

Old Post 06-24-2004 04:23 AM
SZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SZ Click here to Send SZ a Private Message Visit SZ's homepage! Find more posts by SZ Add SZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote