Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Questions > About Use Case Actors
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nman

About Use Case Actors

I understand that actors are not just human roles, but can be devices, such as printers, and other systems. If I am modelling a system that will interact with Microsoft Excel and Word, then would I make each of those Actors as well?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-2006 05:33 PM
nman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nman Click here to Send nman a Private Message Find more posts by nman Add nman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ku-Tse Cheng

In my opinion, I'd say yes for the actors. In analysis model, you can design a boundary class for the interface interacted with the actors.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-27-2006 12:50 AM
Ku-Tse Cheng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ku-Tse Cheng Click here to Send Ku-Tse Cheng a Private Message Find more posts by Ku-Tse Cheng Add Ku-Tse Cheng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote