Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML 2.0 > OMG UML 2 Intermediate beta test. How it was.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Mubo

Thumbs up OMG UML 2 Intermediate beta test. How it was.

I took the beta test for Intermediate level today.

There were 159 multiple-choice questions and 180 minutes.
I guess for the real test there will be less questions.
Questions are short so I had the time to answer all and to review half of them.

Questions are on the notation and its strict use . No scenario question as opposed to the IBM test on OO and UML.
OMG is the organization who specifies UML so its test is above all on the specifications.

No ambiguous question. Every answer can be found in the UML 2.0 Superstructure Specification

From my point of view some questions were too theoretic and of few interest for practical use. In the beta test there's also a Comment button on each question so I commented those questions.

Sequence order of questions are those of the Topic Areas described in the Coverage map : you have first all the questions on the Composite Structure Diagrams then on the Component Diagrams then ...
It's nice because I didn't have to jump from one concept to another.
Each topic area is covered.

Questions are all of intermediate level: no too easier questions and no too difficult questions.

In conclusion, an test with good questions and coverage which evaluate honestly the knowledge of UML notations, what they mean, what are the rules applied, what are the restrictions...
It does not test the practical knowledge but no multiple choice can do that. What it tests is the theory with small examples. And it accomplishes its mission very well. Passing the test will mean you understand very well the detail of the UML notation and it is becoming more and more important with the emerging MDA where a strict use of the notation will be mandatory.

GO for this test now !

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-12-2003 09:30 PM
Mubo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mubo Find more posts by Mubo Add Mubo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote