Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Passed IBM 486 with 86%
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
webhunter

Passed IBM 486 with 86%

Hi all,
Today I cleared the IBM 486 (OOAD & UML) exam with 86%. I was happy to c the results as I got 67% in the IBM Sample Test which I took the night before the actual test. I think the actual test has more relevant questions than the sample test.

My preparation went for a couple of weeks (spending 4 hrs per day)

1st Week - Read through the UML Distilled by Fowler
2nd Week - Read through the Applying UML and Patterns by Larman

Background: Sound knowledge of Java, and a fair understanding of UML and OOAD principles. However while preparing for the test I realized I need more experience in applying the concepts to actually master OOAD.

Hope the info helps someone.
Dinesh
SCJP,SCJD,SCWCD,SCEA(partI),IBM OOAD&UML

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-19-2003 11:25 AM
webhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for webhunter Find more posts by webhunter Add webhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
R Sai Shankar

Hello Dinesh,

At the outset let me congratulate you for your wonderful performance in your UML certification exam.

Iam planning to take the certification on UML. My background is I have a conceptual knowledge about UML. I am learning oops concepts and I knew very less of Java.

Please advise me on the possible time frame with which I can prepare for the UML certification exam.

Thanks

Ramaswamy Saishankar

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-04-2003 12:50 PM
R Sai Shankar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for R Sai Shankar Click here to Send R Sai Shankar a Private Message Find more posts by R Sai Shankar Add R Sai Shankar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote