Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Passed with 91%
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
elangovan

Thumbs up Passed with 91%

Dear All,

I am very happy to inform you that I passed IBM Test 486 with 91% . I sincerely thank everyone who helped me to achieve this. I will stick to this group and help people who are going to take the test in future.

Split up:
Development Process - 86%
Requirement Modeling - 90%
Architecture - 86%
Static Modeling - 100%
Dynamic Modeling - 92%
Dev & Impl Tech.. - 86%

Preparation:
I have 3+ years experience in C++ & OOAD. I was developing Telecom & Networking applications. The real world experienced helped me a lot in test preparation. Also, the test helped me to improve my methodology that I use in developing real world applications. It is a WIN-WIN situation .

I read Larman, Fowler and GoF books. Took Bala's & cfw's test. The tips provided by Whizlabs helped in last minute revision.

I used Whizlabs OOAD simulator. Thanks Whizlabs for creating wonderful software to guide me to success in this test.

Friends who are preparing for the exam, please let me know if you need any more information.

Kind Regards,
Elango

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-13-2003 12:01 PM
elangovan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elangovan Click here to Send elangovan a Private Message Find more posts by elangovan Add elangovan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayadev

Congratulations. That was an excellent score.

Can you please provide info on the case studies you prepared for the test.

Old Post 07-14-2003 06:02 PM
jayadev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jayadev Click here to Send jayadev a Private Message Find more posts by jayadev Add jayadev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elangovan

Case studies:

Storage Space Rental.
Automated Front Desk Assistant.
Credit Card Business Management.

Old Post 07-15-2003 10:55 AM
elangovan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elangovan Click here to Send elangovan a Private Message Find more posts by elangovan Add elangovan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayadev

Thanks.

Can you provide links to those case studies.

Old Post 07-15-2003 02:19 PM
jayadev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jayadev Click here to Send jayadev a Private Message Find more posts by jayadev Add jayadev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elangovan

Those case studies comes as part of OOAD@Whiz simulator.

Old Post 07-16-2003 05:37 AM
golam akhter

Hi Elango:

Congratulations. Your scores are truly impressive!

By the way, I got a quick question. I am contemplating to buy Whizlabs OOAD simulator to prepare for the UML Certification exam. Is this the best one, or there are any other you think is better? Besides, do I need to just one of these practice test kit or will be better off trying any other?

Will appreciate your advice.

Thanks,

Golam

Old Post 11-18-2003 03:38 AM
golam akhter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for golam akhter Click here to Send golam akhter a Private Message Find more posts by golam akhter Add golam akhter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elangovan

Sorry for this late reply. I am coming back to this forum after a long time.

I recommend you to use Whizlabs OOAD simulator along with Larman and Fowler books. This is enough to score well in the exam.

- Elango

Old Post 11-28-2003 10:49 AM
william kane

What is the book by fowler that all you guys are referring to?

Old Post 01-27-2004 12:07 PM
william kane is offline Click Here to See the Profile for william kane Click here to Send william kane a Private Message Find more posts by william kane Add william kane to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SZ
Administrator

For a list of resources, including books, please see the following links.

Old Post 01-27-2004 12:55 PM
SZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SZ Click here to Send SZ a Private Message Visit SZ's homepage! Find more posts by SZ Add SZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suryaAkumar

Question query on IBM 486 exam

Dear Elango,
I am planning to take an IBM 486 test. There are 2 doubts on this certification.
1) Can I take it as a seperate test or is it a part of some certification?
2) Is it necessary to know JAVA as I know only C++.

Awaiting for your reply.

Regards,
Surya

Old Post 03-09-2004 03:32 AM
suryaAkumar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for suryaAkumar Click here to Send suryaAkumar a Private Message Find more posts by suryaAkumar Add suryaAkumar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Serge Adzinets

Re: query on IBM 486 exam

quote:
Originally posted by suryaAkumar
I am planning to take an IBM 486 test. There are 2 doubts on this certification.
1) Can I take it as a seperate test or is it a part of some certification?
2) Is it necessary to know JAVA as I know only C++.

1. You can take it as a separate test, but will not get any certficate.

2. No need to know java.

Old Post 03-10-2004 09:25 AM
Serge Adzinets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Serge Adzinets Click here to Send Serge Adzinets a Private Message Find more posts by Serge Adzinets Add Serge Adzinets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bvk_sudhakar

Hi ,

Congrats for your high score. We impressed a lot with your score. We are also planning to take same test. Please can u provide foolowing details.

1) Do we get any certificate from IBM?
2) What is the exam fee?
3) what is the difference between IBM Rational OOAD test and IBM 486 test (as per my knowledge concerns both are looking same except rational concepts included in rational test)
4) can i get any case stuides for this?

Thanks
sudhir

Old Post 10-11-2004 02:39 PM
bvk_sudhakar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bvk_sudhakar Click here to Send bvk_sudhakar a Private Message Find more posts by bvk_sudhakar Add bvk_sudhakar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote