Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Passed on the edge
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
nishant_p76

Thumbs up Passed on the edge...........

Hi,

Just passed the IBM486 exam on the edge.......exact 67%.
Thanks to Bala and other members of our group who helped me by sharing their experience and giving valuable guidance & suggestions.
Regarding the exam, it was tough. The diagrams were big requires lot of scrolling. I was loosing track because of that.

Thanks again!

Nishant

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-23-2003 02:01 PM
nishant_p76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nishant_p76 Click here to Send nishant_p76 a Private Message Find more posts by nishant_p76 Add nishant_p76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kayraman

Thumbs up Congrats

Hi Nishant
Congrats, I have some questions regarding the real exam.
1) What case study did you get for the exam.
2) How different it is from ICE examination.
3) Which section or questions did you find tough. Is that diagram part which made tough.

Bye
Ram

Old Post 06-24-2003 04:00 AM
kayraman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kayraman Click here to Send kayraman a Private Message Find more posts by kayraman Add kayraman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nishant_p76

Thanks.

Hi Ram,

As you have asked....

1) The case study was related to the courses in a university.
2) I found vast difference between the ICE exam and the real exam in terms of the style of questions they asked.
Questions are not as straight forward as in ICE.
3) Architecture and Design & Implementation Techniques sections were tough for me.
Actually we r familier with our keybord while switching from one window to another but during exam I was not able to do it so with my keyboard, I have to use mouse for the same. As diagrams are big, it requires scrolling so I was loosing my track though my monitor was 17".
So if you are planning for the exam pl. see that you will get at least 17" monitor.

Wish you all the best.

Regards
Nishant

Old Post 06-28-2003 01:55 PM
nishant_p76 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nishant_p76 Click here to Send nishant_p76 a Private Message Find more posts by nishant_p76 Add nishant_p76 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kayraman

Thank You

Hi Nishant
Thank you for your answers, i will make sure that i get 17" inch monitor, before taking exam. Is the style of questions more "Exhibit" oriented. Can you give me any suggestions apart from scrolling issue.

Regards
Ram

Old Post 06-30-2003 04:15 AM
kayraman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kayraman Click here to Send kayraman a Private Message Find more posts by kayraman Add kayraman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nishant_p76

Hi Ram,

Yes, questions were more "Exhibit" oriented, around 60% to 70%.
In ICE exam which is not the case.
Exam basically tests how you apply your OOAD concepts to solve
actual design problems.

Regards
Nishant

Old Post 07-01-2003 01:27 PM
kayraman

Thank You

Hi Nishant
Thank you for your answers.

Bye
Ram

Old Post 07-02-2003 04:00 AM