Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > At last passed the exam with 81%
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dmarko

Thumbs up At last passed the exam with 81%

Hi! 1st of all thanks for all the people here, because these discussions really helped me much.

Also thanks for review UML questions by CFW and bparanj, they gave me really a nice skeleton for last night preparation, as they highlighted what should be reviewed. The last what I did before taking the exam, I looked through Ezequiel Cuellar notes.

I began some lazy reading months ago. I started with UML Distilled (in russian) and Larman (in russian)... It is ok for understanding the main concepts, but soon I found that an English translation is required, so my advice to those whose native language is not english, to get access to english version anyway (at least Fowler, as in my case, and at least to see how that sound in original).

The all other information was mostly taken from this site.

As for the exam, it looked harder for me than ICE (though my ICE score was even less), but that perhaps because english is not my native and I didn't get used to all exhibits at once. Anyway, I didn't like big and numerous exhibits too much.

As that was my 1st certification, my mistake was that I spent too much on simple questions (thinking that 135min/56questions gives enough time for thorough solving), where in fact should be spent seconds in order to leave minutes for large exibits. That's why my worst results were in questions, which had more exibits (like Dynamic Modelling, though I liked this topic more than other), because I didnt have enough time to get into details much . So don't be mistaken that you have too much time!

Ok, thanks all once more!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-11-2003 04:01 PM
dmarko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dmarko Click here to Send dmarko a Private Message Visit dmarko's homepage! Find more posts by dmarko Add dmarko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shaba

Thumbs up

congrats ... great score ....plz tell me your mock scores also.

shaba

Old Post 04-13-2003 10:27 AM
shaba is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shaba Click here to Send shaba a Private Message Find more posts by shaba Add shaba to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmarko

well for ice test i got 79%... I also tried those 6 free questions in WhizLabs mock test, but they seemed hard enough for me... may be they are such for advertising purposes ))

Old Post 04-13-2003 05:31 PM
dmarko is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dmarko Click here to Send dmarko a Private Message Visit dmarko's homepage! Find more posts by dmarko Add dmarko to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shaba

what about bparanj and CFW tests? How much u got? Tell me an analogy on these mocks and actual exam.

shaba

Old Post 04-15-2003 08:32 AM
shaba is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shaba Click here to Send shaba a Private Message Find more posts by shaba Add shaba to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmarko

Well, for cfw and bparanj I guess there was smth like 80%, but that's not exact, as I mentioned above I used those valuable tests not for final checking the percentage of my knowledge, but just to highlight, what should be studied else. For example if I saw, that I was not exact at answering some question, I first reviewed the corresponding topic and then answered the question. Some questions I simply couldn't answer, as I could find no info on them (had no required books, or simply didn't find).

Old Post 04-15-2003 06:02 PM