Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Cleared 486 with 86%
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ankur.singla

Smile Cleared 486 with 86%

Hi everybody,

I cleared the exam on friday with 86 percent.

The actual exam was better designed than the sample exam. I can't say that it was easier but if you know the concepts well, you can easily clear the exam.

Special thanks to bala. without his guidance, i could'nt have even planned to prepare for exam. And CFW and everyone else who has invested their precious time to help others clear the exam. I m deeply impressed with the efforts people had put to help others. I would love to payback what i have got from the people on this forum. People aiming for the exam are welcome to ask their queries on this forum and can mail me personally also..

cheers

Ankur

Last edited by ankur.singla on 03-25-2003 at 03:09 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-2003 03:44 AM
ankur.singla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ankur.singla Click here to Send ankur.singla a Private Message Find more posts by ankur.singla Add ankur.singla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vel

Hi Ankur,
You really did a splendid job. How many days did you really spend for the preparation. What books did you serioulsly study. Is the Fowler alone enough to get through the exam or we need to study more than that. For practice other than the sample test and bala's questions, did you go through any others.

Please throw some light on me Ankur.

Vel

Old Post 03-24-2003 11:14 PM
Vel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vel Click here to Send Vel a Private Message Find more posts by Vel Add Vel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ankur.singla

1. Applying UML and Patterns ............ By Creig Larman
2. UML distilled ............ By Martin Fowler
3. UML User guide ........... By gGrady Gooch, James raumbaugh and Ivar Jacobson

plus i have a lot of downloaded material.

You should start by reading "UML Distilled" and then you should read " Applying UML and Patterns". The third one you can read any day in between. From examination point of view the first two are more important. The third one is more for syntax. Craig Laman is essential to study. Only Martin Fowler won't do.

Old Post 03-25-2003 11:20 AM
ankur.singla is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ankur.singla Click here to Send ankur.singla a Private Message Find more posts by ankur.singla Add ankur.singla to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
panji

Hi Vel, don't worry too much. The real test is not as difficult as the sample test (nor it is as difficult as it sounds from various postings here). I passed the test two days ago with 86%. Just fyi:
1. Like what somebody said in this forum, I am of average intelligence
2. I don't have much experience in OOP, let alone OOAD
3. I just read the suggested books one time (Applying UML and Patterns, and UML Distilled)
4. I spent about 2-3 weeks to read the books and to try the sample exam.

At first I thought the exam would be quite difficult. After taking the test, actually I was a bit dissapointed (and glad at the same time ). The test doesn't require much experience and knowledge in OOAD (at least that's what I think). I don't know about others.

Old Post 03-26-2003 04:43 AM
panji is offline Click Here to See the Profile for panji Click here to Send panji a Private Message Find more posts by panji Add panji to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vel

Thanks Ankur and Panji for your prompt replies. Congrats once again for both of you guys for getting a very high score.

Ankur you mentioned that you have lot of downloaded material .
Is the material same as the one we have in this site, i.e. the Ezequiel Cuellar's Notes .
if you had down loaded any thing other than that ,can you please mention the URL also. What do you think of the OOAD@Whizlabs software? it is expensive about 90USD. Did u guys tried that out. Is it really worth buying that software to try out mock exams. But the advantage of it is, it has got the answers along with the explanations also.
Any how please gimme some information on this.
Is there any particular chapters that are vvimp in the Larman book,. becoz that book is too big and i am scared that i don't have enough time to prepare. I need to rush up for this test.
But i don't know every one in this site suggests to read that book.

Thanks in advance for patiently reading my queries.

Regards,
Vel.

Old Post 03-27-2003 12:04 AM
Vel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vel Click here to Send Vel a Private Message Find more posts by Vel Add Vel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
panji

Hi Vel, at first I was scared just as you are now. I had thought of buying the WhizLabs software but finally I decided to try my luck. Personally I don't think it's worth it. But just in case you don't know, you will get full refund from WhizLabs if you don't pass the exam.

For me, this exam is just a way to measure how much I have learnted about OOAD. So I think you should try to enjoy this "journey". Those books are really inspiring. I learnt a lot from them. Btw, there's no particular chapter to watch out. Get the basic ideas and use your common sense. That should do

Good luck to you. Looking forward to hearing your good news soon

Old Post 03-27-2003 03:00 AM
panji is offline Click Here to See the Profile for panji Click here to Send panji a Private Message Find more posts by panji Add panji to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote