Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Passed with 79%
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sanjay Mishra

Passed with 79%

Hi All,
Thanks a lot for everyone. This is a great place indeed. Special thanks to Bala and CFW..(I would love to know the expansion of CFW

It took almost 3 weeks for me to prepare for the exam. Thanks to the 2 books (Fowler and Larman) and my focused approach. The prepartation for the exam is a good learning for sure. I could devote time only on weekends (5-6 hours) and 1-2 hours daily.
So if you go through both the books neatly and revise the ICE test and bala's and CFW's questions, you are sure to pass.
Few questions were directly based upon the ICE test.. Just review the ICE test and analyze all the questions and their correct and incorrect answers..

Regards Sanjay

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-07-2003 10:15 AM
Sanjay Mishra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sanjay Mishra Click here to Send Sanjay Mishra a Private Message Find more posts by Sanjay Mishra Add Sanjay Mishra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vikrama

Hi,
Congratulations....Sanjay. Good score. What was ur score in ICE test and how many times u attempt it? Which chapters of Larman (2/e) which u recommend as high risk chapters w.r.t exam?

Bye,
Viki.

Old Post 02-07-2003 04:58 PM
Vikrama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vikrama Click here to Send Vikrama a Private Message Find more posts by Vikrama Add Vikrama to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sanjay Mishra

Hi Viki,
Thanks a lot. I had the print version of ICE test so went through all the question 2-3 times. Anaylzed the answers whether correct or incorrect.
Larmen: In the first pass I just browsed the chapters randomly. In the second pass I completed the chapters of the first iteration. And few last chapters. Just remember that you surely will get a couple of questions about how the work should be assigned to teams. So read that part from larmen neatly.

I had a bad experience with the 14'' screen. See if you can get a testing centre with 17'' monitor.

Rest is ok. Go with fresh mind and you are bound to pass. I finished the simple questions in the first pass, all exhibit in the second and review in the third.

Sanjay

Old Post 02-11-2003 02:33 AM
Sanjay Mishra is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sanjay Mishra Click here to Send Sanjay Mishra a Private Message Find more posts by Sanjay Mishra Add Sanjay Mishra to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sure

Sanjay,

CONGRATS! I had a quick question, what is prerequisite to appear for 486 Exam? Did you appear for any other exams before you can take this test? Clarify.

I think 3 weeks preparation is great achievment.

Thanks & Regards

Old Post 02-11-2003 03:28 AM
Sure is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sure Click here to Send Sure a Private Message Find more posts by Sure Add Sure to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sanjay Mishra

Thanks..

No prereqs. However, I have already taken java certification and xml certification. But no prereqs. Check the IBM's certification site.

Old Post 02-12-2003 03:01 AM
Vikrama

Hi,
Thanks for giving answers but not all I repeat which Larman(2/e) edition chapter are most imp. w.r.t exam. Secondly, is there any particular single domain followed in exam?

Bye,
Viki.

Old Post 02-12-2003 09:14 PM
Vikrama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vikrama Click here to Send Vikrama a Private Message Find more posts by Vikrama Add Vikrama to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote