Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Passed with 86%
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dfoderick

Passed with 86%

Overall, I thought the exam was easier than I expected.

This is how I studied:

• Larman
  • Fowler UML Distilled
  • Design Patterns
  • Links on this site!
  • Web articles
  • ICE sample exam

In total I probably studied for 6 weeks. And I have been applying UML and Design patterns in my work whenever I can for about 5 months.

I was happy that I scored 100% on Architecture since I pride myself in this area. I only scored 71% on Development Process which is not surprising since the development team that I work on doesn't use a process!

Also, I am from a Microsoft background, not Java. The content of this exam is what Microsoft should be covering in their architecture exam, but they don't. They go from requirements description to database schema or workflow, bypassing the class diagram and UML artifacts.

The only thing I didn't like about the exam is that the same exhibits are repeated through out the exam and I kept reading them to see if any of the wording had changed. It should be more like the Microsoft architecture exams where the whole case study is described on several pages then there is a series of 10-15 questions that pertain to that specific case study. Other than that, I liked the exam a lot.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-26-2003 08:19 PM
dfoderick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dfoderick Click here to Send dfoderick a Private Message Visit dfoderick's homepage! Find more posts by dfoderick Add dfoderick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vikrama

Hi,
Oh!!...I am late to congratulate you. Unfortunately, I missed your terrific post.
Really, remarkable score! Belated Congratulations ...
bparanj's and cfw questions are missing from ur preparation list?

Bye,
Viki.

Old Post 02-23-2003 07:20 PM
Vikrama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vikrama Click here to Send Vikrama a Private Message Find more posts by Vikrama Add Vikrama to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jayadev

Congratulations on the achievement.

Old Post 02-26-2003 03:40 PM
jayadev is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jayadev Click here to Send jayadev a Private Message Find more posts by jayadev Add jayadev to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote