Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > passed with 82 %
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gnshm

Talking passed with 82 %

Hi guys.

Here is my feedback for the exam.

In my case I completely ignored preparing the Design and implementation techniques section thinking that I was already too good in that and payed heavy price for the mistake, only 28% score in that section.

Also Development Process section seems to be a bit not clearly defined and we guys seem to lack the actual type of question that we get in the exam. I knew that this part of the exam was a weakness for me so i worked very hard on that reading an entire book on UP methodology (jacobson, booch and rumbaugh), still my scoring in that section was a poor 71 %. I scored very poorly in the section in all wizlab exams.

One suggestion to bala and others, if possible please include some questions in your test material which imitate the real exam questions in terms of the big diagrams and single question-multiple exhibits that the actual test has. It is downright frightning to see the huge diagrams in the exhibit, some similar questions in the whizlab will help people to score better. Especially large class diagrams and corresponding interaction diagrams in the same question from which we are supposed to find the answer to our question. (approximately 10-15 classes in the class diagram and four interaction diagram choices to choose from each having 3/4 classes...)

I would say the exam is of moderate difficulty level, but requires your 100% presence in the test center. (Even more then good prepration, especially for the hands on guys). A slight slide of attention will break the whole flow.

Again I guess I am a bit below normal level intelligence guy, so inspite of working a long time with OO stuff, I am still stuck on 82...

I worked for two months probably 2 hrs per day, read larman and fowler completely. Also I read Unified Development Process by ivar, jacobson, rumbaugh and Use Case Modelling by spencer and bittmer, but the later two books did not help me solve any questions in the real exam. Probably the most difficult part of preparation for this exam is to find good material on requirement modelling and development process topics, which get good representation in the real exam. Whizlab hasdone a good job by giving good question here which combined with the right explaination are enough to make you get the passing grade. But I am still sort of vague about where to get the right material on these topics.

I finished the exam some 40 minutes before the finish time, someone's comment about skipping the exhibit questions to the last are very valuable. Try not to get overwhlemed by the large diagrams and large descriptions, and when you encounter a large description of a system try to spend sightly more time in the first question to understand the system since the same system will be repeated for most of the questions and a better understanding of it will speed up the next questions.

I would say the key to clear this exam is pinpointing the required information from a large diagram or a large use case. Probably whizlab should improve themselves a bit more in this direction.

Thanks everybody in the forum for the invaluable comments. I will walk over to some other forum for my XML certification now.

IBM OOAD/UML Certification

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-05-2003 02:12 PM
gnshm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gnshm Find more posts by gnshm Add gnshm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vikrama

Hi,

Superb score gnshm...

1: Which edition of Larman did you use?.
2: What is the exact time period of exam?.
3: How many questions are there?.

Bye,
Viki.

Old Post 01-06-2003 10:52 PM
Vikrama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vikrama Click here to Send Vikrama a Private Message Find more posts by Vikrama Add Vikrama to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mr Iftikhar

Congratulations on this great achievement.

Can u plz tell me which questions you solved for the exam. And which questions are more likely as real questions in format wise.

Old Post 01-08-2003 04:12 PM
Mr Iftikhar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Iftikhar Click here to Send Mr Iftikhar a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Iftikhar Add Mr Iftikhar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote