Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > I passed, but will I get certificate?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
phani78

Question I passed, but will I get certificate?

Hi,

I have passed UML certification with 79%. but somebody told that I have to pass Java Certification to do the certification in UML. Is there any such requirement? What are the minimum requirements/qualifications for doing certification in UML? Also within what time will the certificate is sent after passing the exam? Somebody please help me with this information.

Thanks,
Phani78

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-03-2002 12:07 AM
phani78 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for phani78 Click here to Send phani78 a Private Message Visit phani78's homepage! Find more posts by phani78 Add phani78 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

Congratulations on passing the exam with a good score!!! You will not get a cetificate for passing the UML exam. You have to select one of the certification tracks at www.jcert.org. The pre-requisite for any of the tracks you choose is SCJP.

Bala

Old Post 12-03-2002 08:39 AM
bparanj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bparanj Click here to Send bparanj a Private Message Visit bparanj's homepage! Find more posts by bparanj Add bparanj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnot

I am a little confused. I am primarily a VB guy. I want to give OO Exam but I do not want to pursue a Java Path. What kind of documentation do I get on passing this exam? Please let me know.

BTW I passed SCJP2 in 2000 but again I am not a Java guy, it was just to get Java Know-how.

Old Post 12-03-2002 02:02 PM
cnot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnot Click here to Send cnot a Private Message Find more posts by cnot Add cnot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

To quote Bertrand Meyer "Bubbles don't crash". UML modeling is good but only when you write the code and run the program you produce something useful.

Learning Java, Smalltalk or any other OO language will help you to learn the Object Technology.

Before you leave the exam center you will get a exam report which shows the overall score, breakdown of the score and pass/fail indicator. It is not a certificate.

Bala

Old Post 12-03-2002 04:56 PM
bparanj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bparanj Click here to Send bparanj a Private Message Visit bparanj's homepage! Find more posts by bparanj Add bparanj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ericdeng

Question

I passed 486 with 82% today.

First, I would like to thank everyone in this forum, especially Bala, cfw and SZ.

I have several years of experience in C++ but have no experience in Java, and I just have taken Test 486, if I expect to get some certificates, Do I have to take SCJP or WebSphere? are there any other solutions?

Thanks,

Old Post 12-04-2002 01:16 AM
ericdeng is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ericdeng Click here to Send ericdeng a Private Message Find more posts by ericdeng Add ericdeng to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cnot

thanks bala. i will use it in .net

Old Post 12-06-2002 07:10 PM
cnot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cnot Click here to Send cnot a Private Message Find more posts by cnot Add cnot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vikrama

Hi,
Congratulations.Keep it up

Bye,
Viki.

Old Post 12-06-2002 07:15 PM
Vikrama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vikrama Click here to Send Vikrama a Private Message Find more posts by Vikrama Add Vikrama to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote