Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Passed!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cupsnoodles

Wink Passed!

Time:
Spent 16 days (about 2-3 hrs a day in which two non-working days spent 5-6 hrs to speed up)

Read:
1. Larman (~13 days; nearly 90% to read once the book, skip some topics not specific to the test, e.g. Ch 35. 10% iterative manner on core concepts with the help from Ezequiel Cuellar's Notes and ICE)
2. Fowler (1 day; mainly for UML notations/diagrams not clearly explained in Larman)
3. Ezequiel Cuellar's Notes (~ 2 days)
4. ICE tests (twice) tried first after Larman (failed with 32 correct answers); then read the solutions posted in Javaranch; Tried again later (just for refresh some concepts).
5. Consult for comments about the test in this forum

Exam: 1hr 15mins complete all 56 Q's; 30 mins to review once.
Results: 72% (total no. of questions tested: 56)

Comments:
- ICE is excellent in terms of format/style/stressed concepts/diagrams-used of the questions.
- Questions tend to be eleaborated by real-life scenario (as in ICE)
- UML diagrams are about right (as in ICE); some are repeatedly used accross multi-questions.
- No complex UML notations
- No question based on concrete definition about patterns/UML syntax/notations
- OOAD is interesting
- Thx to all contributors in this forum and special thx to Ezequiel Cuella

Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform.
Sun Certified Web Component Developer, J2EE
Oracle9i DBA Certified Associate

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-02-2002 03:09 AM
cupsnoodles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cupsnoodles Click here to Send cupsnoodles a Private Message Find more posts by cupsnoodles Add cupsnoodles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kukuhtw

passed in ICE would be passed in actual test too?

hi cupsnoodles

i've just passed ICE test with score of 73.0
do you think that someone who has passed ICE test would be passed in actual exam too ?

congratulation for your achievement !!

Old Post 11-05-2002 11:43 AM
kukuhtw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kukuhtw Click here to Send kukuhtw a Private Message Find more posts by kukuhtw Add kukuhtw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cupsnoodles

Re: passed in ICE would be passed in actual test too?

quote:
Originally posted by kukuhtw
hi cupsnoodles

i've just passed ICE test with score of 73.0
do you think that someone who has passed ICE test would be passed in actual exam too ?

congratulation for your achievement !!

Hi,

This was also a question for me and I got some hints in this forum. Although the ICE is a good indicator and it contains some core concepts in the real exam, there are still some difference. The point is that there is no absolute relation between ICE test score and the real exam. I remembered a post that someone got 9x% in ICE and 7x% in real exam. Also, someone passed the ICE but failed in the real one. Someone failed the ICE (like me) but passed the true exam.

I do think if we are confidence and clear about OO concept, we must able to get a meaningful score in the real exam. It is very appreciated that the IBM exam is testing about real understanding of OO. I believe ppl who are familar with OO can get high score even w/o intensively read Larmen and Fowlar.

Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform.
Sun Certified Web Component Developer, J2EE
Oracle9i DBA Certified Associate

Old Post 11-05-2002 03:04 PM
cupsnoodles is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cupsnoodles Click here to Send cupsnoodles a Private Message Find more posts by cupsnoodles Add cupsnoodles to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote