Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Passed: 83%
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
cbedford

The UML test fades into the rear view mirror of my life. Passed: 83%

First of all thanks to SZ for hosting this the party. Thanks to Bala, CFW, Xterra (sorry if I left anyone else out) for helping me with questions.

My only comment on the test is that the questions are drawn from a wider variety of sources than UML Distilled and Larman. There were several items regarding UI prototyping and management of teams that were clearly not in these books.

It would be a good public service if someone nailed down good sources for these things (if it has not been done already).

so, bye for now... You'll find me haunting the Sun Certified Java Enterprise architect forums next ;^)

Chris

SCJP
Ibm certified XML developer
Ibm certified OO analyst/uml designer 'n stuff....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-27-2002 02:33 AM
cbedford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cbedford Click here to Send cbedford a Private Message Find more posts by cbedford Add cbedford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

Hi Chris,

Congratulations. Thanks for mentioning the resources that would be helpful for the test preparation. That really helps a lot.

I am sure that you will breeze through the SCEA exam as well. Good luck.

Bala

Old Post 09-27-2002 04:33 PM
bparanj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bparanj Click here to Send bparanj a Private Message Visit bparanj's homepage! Find more posts by bparanj Add bparanj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

Re: The UML test fades into the rear view mirror of my life. Passed: 83%

quote:
Originally posted by cbedford

My only comment on the test is that the questions are drawn from a wider variety of sources than UML Distilled and Larman. There were several items regarding UI prototyping and management of teams that were clearly not in these books.

Chris, have you taken a look at http://www.ootrain.com/PDF/oopmX.pdf. This presentation is basically based on Object Solutions by Grady Booch. I believe this does have information related to iterative development as well as how the team works in a OO project.

I think Scott Ambler covers the UI prototyping well in his book, The Object Primer.

What's your opinion?

Bala

Old Post 09-27-2002 10:57 PM
bparanj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bparanj Click here to Send bparanj a Private Message Visit bparanj's homepage! Find more posts by bparanj Add bparanj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cbedford

Hi, Bala:

the slides look worthwhile reading (wish i had done this
before the test... oh well ;^)

can't comment on ambler book because i have not read it. His persistence framework stuff is useful to read though.

http://www.ambysoft.com/persistenceLayer.html

Old Post 09-27-2002 11:16 PM
cbedford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cbedford Click here to Send cbedford a Private Message Find more posts by cbedford Add cbedford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote