Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Passed exam 486 With 74%
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ajay

Smile Passed exam 486 With 74%

Hi Everyone,

I'm very happy to say that I passed exam 486 yesterday (September 23,2002) with 74%. I'm very thankful to everyone out there for their who have contributed to this form. I've been one of those silent members of this form.

Here is my section wise score on the Actual Test

% of Test Score

1. Development Process 12% 85%
2. Requirements Modelling 18% 100%
3. Architecture 12% 57%
4. Static Modelling 22% 66%
5. Dynamic Modelling 24% 61%
6. Design & Imp. Techniques 12% 85%

Here is how I prepared.

1. Duration : 1 Month

2. I read Larmen and Fowler book ONLY once whole heartedly(I'm not very comfortable reading stuff over)

3. I read Larmen and Fowler notes from this form ONCE.

4. I did ICE test twice and Bala's test once. I didn't try the other test from ctw.

Now, some more elaboration on the tests.

The first sample test I took is the ICE sample test. I took it after my I finished reading Larmen's book. I didn't read the Fowler book then. I managed to get 60%.

The second test I took is Bala's. I took it after I read both the Larmen and Fowler books. I got 66% on that.

The third test I took is ICE again. But now it is a day before the test. By then I finished reading all the required stuff including the notes. I got 76% on that.

IMPORTANT: I didn't read the posts on this form about ICE sample questions discussion. So, my second try was fairly genuine.

Thats it. I have couple of years of experience in Object Oriented Programming. But, I never did any designing with formal UML notation. It all started a month ago. My not so high score is also reflective of the time that I spent on this exam.

Hope this post will help you all in some way.
Best of luck to you all.

Regads

Ajay

SCJP
SCWCD
Bea Certified Weblogic App. Server Developer
IBM Certified OOA/D with UML

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-24-2002 03:48 PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

Hi Ajay,

Congratulations ! Awesome !!! So quick in getting through this exam.

In the case study class diagram did they show the navigability of the associations ?

Cheers,
Bala

Old Post 09-24-2002 11:29 PM
bparanj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bparanj Click here to Send bparanj a Private Message Visit bparanj's homepage! Find more posts by bparanj Add bparanj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay

Hi Bala !
Thanks. Let me convey my special thanks to you for your contribution to this form. The practice test you put together has helped me a lot.

Regarding the case study that I got in the exam, no, they didn't show any navigability. But, they showed me some composition and aggression relationships on the diagram. On the whole, the same diagram with very very minor modifications repeated on atleast 15 questions.

I will be glad to help you guys in anyway I can. My mind is still fresh with the memories of the exam.

Old Post 09-25-2002 02:40 AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kalava

can some guide me in preparing for the UML certification and how much time i need to spend for the preparation.

Thanks and Regards,
Sasikumar.

Old Post 09-23-2003 09:21 AM
kalava is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kalava Click here to Send kalava a Private Message Find more posts by kalava Add kalava to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kalava

Hi Ajay/Bala,

Congrates. Can you guide for the same in this aspect.

Thanks and Regards,
Sasikumar

Old Post 09-23-2003 09:23 AM
kalava is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kalava Click here to Send kalava a Private Message Find more posts by kalava Add kalava to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Shankar

Chk http://www.objectsbydesign.com/tools/certification.html

http://www.objectsbydesign.com/tools/certification.html

You will have enough information about the certification.

http://test.javaranch.com/wiki/view
Also, http://test.javaranch.com/wiki/view?UmlFaq

Email: shankar.s@vsnl.net
"Walking on water and building IT Architecture from
specification are easy if and only if both are frozen"
-----------------------------------------------

Old Post 10-07-2003 05:10 AM
Shankar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shankar Click here to Send Shankar a Private Message Visit Shankar's homepage! Find more posts by Shankar Add Shankar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote