Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Passed today with 83 % :-)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
gerdwatmann

Passed today with 83 % :-)

Hi,

i passed the OOA/OOD 486 test today with 83%.

What to do:

- got some experience within a real development project with a good layered software architecture

- read Fowler & Larman

- read the question from Bala, ... (thanks for your help)

- slept 8 hours (!)

Now i'm going for the WSAD 4.0.3 157 Test to get
my "IBM Certified Solution Developer" this year to fulfill my personal business commitments... .

With kind regards
Gerd Watmann

Sun Certified Java Programmer

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-20-2002 01:58 PM
gerdwatmann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gerdwatmann Click here to Send gerdwatmann a Private Message Find more posts by gerdwatmann Add gerdwatmann to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

Hi,

Congratulations on passing the exam ! Can you please give some tips on supplementary study material that is useful for the exam and which is not covered by the recommended texts ?

Did the class diagram of the case study :

1. have any names for the associations ?
2. show cardinalities ?

What percentage of the questions do you think was based on the case study ?

Good luck on your IBM 157 exam.

Bala

Old Post 09-20-2002 05:56 PM
bparanj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bparanj Click here to Send bparanj a Private Message Visit bparanj's homepage! Find more posts by bparanj Add bparanj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vikrama

Hi,
Congratulations... Gerd !
Good score.What was ur score in ICE?.How many times u have attempt ICE?.

Bye,
Viki.

Last edited by Vikrama on 09-21-2002 at 08:57 PM

Old Post 09-21-2002 12:44 PM
Vikrama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vikrama Click here to Send Vikrama a Private Message Find more posts by Vikrama Add Vikrama to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gerdwatmann

Hi Bala & Viki,

i think one point that is not very well covered by the official reference material is finding the right interaction diagrams from the use cases and applying the role pattern (but here in the forum are a few good references posted by you).

1+2) the class diagram of the case study does include cardinalities, but no names for the associations.

I think roundabout 25% of the questions were based on the case study.

The first time i tried the ICE test i got 70%, then i tried to get the 100% (...), because i thought well you can do this better and did a lot of researching in the recommended literature.

I finally reached 90% or so, then i found the official answers :-). I think if the test drives you to do studying its time well spent (don't look into the answers too early).

But don't think ICE is the same as the real one... .

Good luck to everybody doing this exam! I can recommend following the "www.jcert.org" way
if you want to sharpen your skills in J2EE enterprise development in a structured way.

With kind regards from Germany
Gerd Watmann

Old Post 09-22-2002 11:32 AM
gerdwatmann is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gerdwatmann Click here to Send gerdwatmann a Private Message Find more posts by gerdwatmann Add gerdwatmann to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Vikrama

Hi,

quote:
Originally posted by gerdwatmann
i think one point that is not very well covered by the official reference material is finding the right interaction diagrams from the use cases and applying the role pattern (but here in the forum are a few good references posted by you).

Does the article by Martin Fowler on Dealing With Roles covers the same Role Pattern which u mentioned?.

Bye,
Viki.

Old Post 09-22-2002 10:27 PM
Vikrama is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Vikrama Click here to Send Vikrama a Private Message Find more posts by Vikrama Add Vikrama to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

quote:
Originally posted by gerdwatmann
Hi Bala & Viki,

With kind regards from Germany
Gerd Watmann

Can you please mention which resources that I posted you found very useful for the exam.

Thanks,
Bala

Old Post 09-23-2002 05:15 PM
bparanj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bparanj Click here to Send bparanj a Private Message Visit bparanj's homepage! Find more posts by bparanj Add bparanj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mr Iftikhar

Thumbs up Congradulations to gerdwatmann

congradulations gerdwatmann.

Its nice score.

Old Post 09-23-2002 06:53 PM
Mr Iftikhar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Iftikhar Click here to Send Mr Iftikhar a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Iftikhar Add Mr Iftikhar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Yujun Liang

Congratulations!

You may not need IBM 157 to be certified as an IBM Certified Enterprise Developer, check this out at http://www.jcert.org for the newest defination.http://www.jcert.org

BEA Certified WebLogic Server 7 Enterprise Developer
Sun Certified Enterprise Architect for J2EE, Part I
IBM Certified Object Oriented Analysis & Design with UML

Old Post 10-01-2002 02:27 AM
Yujun Liang is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Yujun Liang Click here to Send Yujun Liang a Private Message Find more posts by Yujun Liang Add Yujun Liang to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote