Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Passed IBM 486 exam with 87%
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
donnipadu

Passed IBM 486 exam with 87%

Today I cleared IBM 486 certification examination with 87%. Larman, Fowler's books, Ezequiel's notes and Bala's sample questions were very helpful. Apart from that I was regularly visiting this forum, JavaRanch, AmbySoft's home page, ootips.org, objectmentor.com sites.

Thanks to everyone for the useful discussions we've had/are having here.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-28-2002 01:32 AM
donnipadu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for donnipadu Click here to Send donnipadu a Private Message Find more posts by donnipadu Add donnipadu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

Congratulations !!! Very good score. What's next ? Are you going to take IBM 157 ?

Cheers,
Bala

Old Post 07-28-2002 04:04 PM
bparanj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bparanj Click here to Send bparanj a Private Message Visit bparanj's homepage! Find more posts by bparanj Add bparanj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
donnipadu

Thanks Bala! Answering your questions widened my thinking. Some of your questions are of real test calibre. Thanks again.

I'm not sure if I really want go for 157. I have not used WebSphere so far. Is there any site carrying out this type of discussions on IBM 157?

Old Post 07-29-2002 09:04 PM
donnipadu is offline Click Here to See the Profile for donnipadu Click here to Send donnipadu a Private Message Find more posts by donnipadu Add donnipadu to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

You are welcome. The only resource I know of is Javaranch, here is the link to the answers to the IBM sample test :

http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin...61&t=000118

I have not been able to score more than 74%, since I am having installation problems with WSAD.

Thank you for the kind words.

Bala

Old Post 07-29-2002 11:29 PM
bparanj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bparanj Click here to Send bparanj a Private Message Visit bparanj's homepage! Find more posts by bparanj Add bparanj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rgulati

Whats the next in line after IBM 486, other than IBM 157. Any suggestions

Old Post 07-30-2002 02:54 PM
rgulati is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rgulati Click here to Send rgulati a Private Message Find more posts by rgulati Add rgulati to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

Go to www.jcert.org and click on the jcert roadmap. You can see all the options available.

Cheers,
Bala

Old Post 07-30-2002 06:39 PM
rgulati

Thank you bala, this helps !!

Old Post 07-30-2002 09:40 PM
rgulati is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rgulati Click here to Send rgulati a Private Message Find more posts by rgulati Add rgulati to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Satishg

Regarding the certification.

Hi Guys,
congrats doonapadu on the eve of getting certified in UML.

Can any of you help me in getting some information regarding the preparation for the UML certification.
To start with i am going through UML Distilled .

Are there any set of questions already available, Bala can you please guide me in this if you can.

thanks
satish.

Old Post 07-31-2002 02:47 PM
Satishg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Satishg Click here to Send Satishg a Private Message Find more posts by Satishg Add Satishg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

See the threads : FAQ, Proposal : Sample Test as well as Sample questions.

If you still have any questions, let me know.

Cheers,
Bala

Old Post 07-31-2002 04:24 PM
donnipadu

Thanks every body for your congratulatory messages.

Satish, preparation time and effort depends upon your background, familiarity with OO technology and willingness to learn new things. As I said before, keep focussing on Fowler's and Larman's books and try to answer IBM's and Bala's sample test.

I felt it was very useful to look at each of the choices for every question and evaluate why it is right or wrong. May be you can write your justification for selecting/rejecting a choice for every question. I will be glad to help you if you have any specific questions.

Wish you good luck.

Old Post 08-01-2002 02:43 AM