Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Passed with 85%
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

Thumbs up Passed with 85%

Hi,

I passed the exam today with 85%.

Before prepartion : Pre-Assessment/Sample Test for Test 486

TestCategory AverageScore

Designs & Implementation Techniques 57.0
Requirements Modeling 90.0
Static Modeling 75.0
Development Process 57.0
Dynamic Modeling 53.0
Architecture 71.0

# Questions: 56 Passing Score: 67.0
Number Correct Needed: 38 Your Score: 67.0
You Answered Correct: 38 Grade: Pass

After prepartion assesment score : 96%

Actual Exam :

TestCategory AverageScore

Designs & Implementation Techniques 85.0
Requirements Modeling 90.0
Static Modeling 83.0
Development Process 85.0
Dynamic Modeling 84.0
Architecture 85.0

I have over six years of experience. I read Larman's book once cover to cover and the second time scanned the book. Read Fowler's book twice.

Creating the sample questions made me think deeply and helped me to learn finer things.

Ezequiel notes is excellent.

Thanks,
Bala

ATM Case Study :
http://www.math-s.gordon.edu/local/...211/ATMExample/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-29-2002 06:24 PM
bparanj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bparanj Click here to Send bparanj a Private Message Visit bparanj's homepage! Find more posts by bparanj Add bparanj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cfw

Thumbs up

Congratulations. Yes, I agree with you that by preparing sample questions will force one to think harder and pay more attention to details.
I hope you can hang around and help other members in preparing for the test.

Old Post 06-30-2002 12:28 AM
cfw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cfw Click here to Send cfw a Private Message Find more posts by cfw Add cfw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sana_mk

Smile

Congratulation ... but this link does not work ... the ATM case study ... can you check it plz

Old Post 07-01-2002 07:35 PM
sana_mk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sana_mk Click here to Send sana_mk a Private Message Find more posts by sana_mk Add sana_mk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

Hi,

Thanks.Very Strange, do a search on Google for ATM Object Oriented Design , click on the first result.

Cheers,
Bala

Old Post 07-01-2002 07:43 PM
bparanj is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bparanj Click here to Send bparanj a Private Message Visit bparanj's homepage! Find more posts by bparanj Add bparanj to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sana_mk

thanks for your help bala, i found it, now we are waiting answers for the set of questions you wrote

Old Post 07-01-2002 07:59 PM
sana_mk is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sana_mk Click here to Send sana_mk a Private Message Find more posts by sana_mk Add sana_mk to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

Talking

Hi,

Well, you can start a new thread for questions that you would like to discuss.

Good luck
Bala

Old Post 07-01-2002 08:31 PM
cfw

The proper link:
http://www.math.gordon.edu/local/co...211/ATMExample/

Old Post 07-02-2002 02:58 PM
cfw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cfw Click here to Send cfw a Private Message Find more posts by cfw Add cfw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
a_java2

HI,

Could you please let me know if we need to read the whole of Larman book cover to cover? Are there any chapters that are more important than others?

I have some background on OOAD and read Fowler couple of times. Do you still recommend reading Larman back to back. I am just concerned that it would take too much time...

Old Post 07-26-2002 08:06 AM
a_java2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for a_java2 Click here to Send a_java2 a Private Message Find more posts by a_java2 Add a_java2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bparanj
CTO, Zepho Systems

Hi,

Well, it is not the number of times you read the book, it depends on how much of the concepts in the book you already know and your knowledge of how to apply those concepts to projects that matters.

Any gaps in your knowledge can be filled only by reading through the book at least once. During the second pass you can focus only on the area of weakness.

There is a learning curve. Depending on your background you may have to read the book several times to let the concepts sink in.

Do a search on chapters in the archive to read the postings for recommended chapters.

Cheers,
Bala

Old Post 07-26-2002 04:16 PM