Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Notes updated. Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ecuellaro

Thumbs up Notes updated.

Hello guys.

I just cleared the OOA&D today. What a relief.

I completely agree with all the previous input posted before about the exam, the only contribution that I'm about to make is to be completely calm and focus during the exam specially if English is not your native language. I had to put a little extra effort because some of the business concepts confused me a little bit since you are required to read a lot of through the exam.

I'm attaching the final version of my notes. Please be sure to get them!!!! I found a lot of bugs in the previous attachment. I apologize for that.

Good Luck to everyone who is going for this certification.

Ezequiel Cuellar.
Software Developer.
CrossLogic Corporation.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-16-2002 11:31 PM
ecuellaro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ecuellaro Click here to Send ecuellaro a Private Message Visit ecuellaro's homepage! Find more posts by ecuellaro Add ecuellaro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ecuellaro

Sorry. Here are the notes.

Attachment: 486-ooa&dnotes.zip
This has been downloaded 13640 time(s).

Old Post 04-16-2002 11:32 PM
ecuellaro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ecuellaro Click here to Send ecuellaro a Private Message Visit ecuellaro's homepage! Find more posts by ecuellaro Add ecuellaro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SZ
Administrator

Thanks again to Ezequiel for his wonderful contribution.

With Ezequiel's permission, we've posted these review notes to the OBD site and provided links both on the UML Certification and Applying UML and Patterns pages. Enjoy!

Feel free to submit observations, updates, questions and thanks to Ezequiel in this forum thread.

Old Post 04-22-2002 01:54 AM
SZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SZ Click here to Send SZ a Private Message Visit SZ's homepage! Find more posts by SZ Add SZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cfw

Thumbs up

Ezequiel, thank you so much for your excellent notes. I really appreciate your spirit of sharing experience and knowledge with others. While I studied your notes, I have taken the liberty of reformating them using MS Word. They are much more readable now and I'm sure I'll going through them a couple of times prior to the test.

I'm going to upload these notes so that other members could benefit from your effort. I would like to encourage other members to share their notes by uploading them to the forum. All forum members are welcome to edit these study notes and repost them later on.

I would consider myself as a lucky one as I could pick up Larman's book (2nd edition) yesterday from a nearby bookstore. A lot of folks say in China or in other countries may not have opportunity to access to these books or the price is too high for them. It may mean a few months income for them. I sincerely hope these notes would be beneficial to them.

Another suggestion to the forum is to reformat these notes to Q&A format. Of course, we will need a program to display them. Many folks would like this type of studying habit and I'm one of them.

Attachment: ibm_486_notes.zip
This has been downloaded 10523 time(s).

Old Post 04-25-2002 09:04 PM
cfw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cfw Click here to Send cfw a Private Message Find more posts by cfw Add cfw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SZ
Administrator

Thanks cfw! This helps a lot for readability.

I also posted the Word format notes as a download with a link alongside the links I described earlier in this thread.

Old Post 04-26-2002 02:17 AM
SZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SZ Click here to Send SZ a Private Message Visit SZ's homepage! Find more posts by SZ Add SZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bareddys

Thank You

Ezequiel,
Congrats & Thank you so much for your wonderful notes. How do you compare sample test with the real one.

Old Post 04-28-2002 05:59 PM
bareddys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bareddys Click here to Send bareddys a Private Message Find more posts by bareddys Add bareddys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ecuellaro

Test comparison.

The practice test is similar to the real one, the difference is that the real one contains more diagrams but it has many straight forward questions. For me the real one was harder since I'm not a fast reader and many of the scenarios described in it are long. I suggest you to read previous posts from people who has taken it and you'll get a broader picture.

Old Post 04-29-2002 01:37 PM
Raghav

thanks

Thanks Ezequiel, for the notes and thanks CFW for the wonderful formatting.

Old Post 08-29-2002 12:08 AM
Raghav is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Raghav Find more posts by Raghav Add Raghav to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote