Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Passed today
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
smsreedhar

Thumbs up Passed today

Happy to say that I 've cleared the exam with 78%. What a relief! I agree completely with what Ramakrishnan Seshadri told in the thread Cleared the IBM 486 Certification - Feb 08, 2002.

Regarding inputs, I read Larman and Fowler books cover to cover once and my prepared notes once. My 5 years experience also helped me in judging some of the questions. Also, my technical lead in my work, at IBM, who has around 15 years of Object Oriented Analysis and Design experience, cleared me with some of the points more elaborately. The sample test at IBM site is very very useful in covering all the objectives. I 'm attaching the answers for those questions where I got 92%. If any one, who is interested may have a look at those Q/A, out of which there are only 4 incorrect answers.

I 'm very much grateful to this forum, where some of the questions were discussed with greater insights. Especially, I loved the answers given by Stephen Hosking, SZ, Ramakrishnan Seshadri, Shreedev etc.

Going forward, can any one tell me, what other certification they are persuing? I would like to request SZ, whether we can start another forum for certifications like Sun Architect..

Thanks to all. Wish you all, best of luck!!

Attachment: test.zip
This has been downloaded 2285 time(s).

Last edited by smsreedhar on 03-24-2002 at 10:22 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-24-2002 03:23 AM
smsreedhar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smsreedhar Click here to Send smsreedhar a Private Message Find more posts by smsreedhar Add smsreedhar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ecuellaro

Could you clarify this?

Congratulations.

I would like to verify what Ram said in his mail about the diagrams in this exam.

no package diagrams, no collaboration diagrams, no component diagrams, no deployment diagram.

Could you clarify this?

Thanks.
Ezequiel.

Old Post 03-25-2002 02:29 PM
ecuellaro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ecuellaro Click here to Send ecuellaro a Private Message Visit ecuellaro's homepage! Find more posts by ecuellaro Add ecuellaro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smsreedhar

Thanks Ezequiel (hard to pronounce for me ).

What he might mean is that, in the set of exhibits he got, there would have been no package diagrams, no collaboration diagrams, no component diagrams and no deployment diagram.

But I got a collaboration diagram, and a deployment diagram and lots of class diagrams, use cases, text descriptions of scenarios, class name dictionary ( Class name and its description), State diagram and sequence diagrams. It depends on the random set of questions that you may get. At one instance, I got tired to see the exhibits..almost around 60%-70% questions contained exhibits. I was left with only 10 minutes to review my 'Marked-doubtful-questions".

One thing I want to tell to the aspirants, is that, there are some very good straight forward questions.

One more important feedback is you have to be master of understanding all the UML diagrams. Some questions were straight forward in the sense that they are testing our skills in understanding the diagrams only.

Hope this will be helpful.

Old Post 03-25-2002 03:03 PM
smsreedhar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for smsreedhar Click here to Send smsreedhar a Private Message Find more posts by smsreedhar Add smsreedhar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ram100475

Thumbs up Congratulations!!!

Congratulations smsreedhar on the success in IBM 486 certification.

I thank you for appreciating my inputs.

Ezequiel: As Sreedhar has mentioned I was trying to convey that I did not get package diagrams, collaboration diagrams, component diagrams, deployment diagram in my exam. I am sorry to have confused you guys by putting the expression in an odd way.

smsreedhar: I am now preparing for my Java Architect certification. Would like to know if you are intrested in making a joint preparation for it.

All the best.

Old Post 03-25-2002 05:15 PM
ram100475 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ram100475 Click here to Send ram100475 a Private Message Find more posts by ram100475 Add ram100475 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ecuellaro

Smile Thanks

Thank you guys for your prompt responses.

Ezequiel.

Old Post 03-25-2002 05:17 PM
ecuellaro is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ecuellaro Click here to Send ecuellaro a Private Message Visit ecuellaro's homepage! Find more posts by ecuellaro Add ecuellaro to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
smsreedhar

Joint preparation

Thanks RamaKrishnan Seshadri.

Yes, I would like to prepare for Sun Certified Architect. I think it 'll be an uphill task. Isn't it? But I think, there is nothing in the world..that we can't achieve it..(Ofcourse, with some exceptions)..Definitely, I am ready to prepare jointly. How can I contact you? You can contact me via sreedharmohan@yahoo.com or smohan2@lucent.com.

Thanks.

Old Post 03-26-2002 02:25 PM
SZ
Administrator

Sun has a nice brochure (PDF) about their Enterprise Architect Certification Exam.

Old Post 04-19-2002 04:44 PM
SZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SZ Click here to Send SZ a Private Message Visit SZ's homepage! Find more posts by SZ Add SZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
vadheraju

Hi all,

Here I am attaching the zip that contains 100% correct answers to ICE Test...

Regards,
Rajesshwar Rao.

Attachment: uml ice test-answers.zip
This has been downloaded 2177 time(s).

Old Post 06-20-2002 04:15 AM
vadheraju is offline Click Here to See the Profile for vadheraju Click here to Send vadheraju a Private Message Find more posts by vadheraju Add vadheraju to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote