Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > Cleared exam-486
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
rajeshgeorge

Thumbs up Cleared exam-486

Hi,

I cleared(74%) exam-486 last friday.This site was very much helpful for the preperation.

Regards,
Rajesh George.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-05-2004 05:51 AM
rajeshgeorge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rajeshgeorge Click here to Send rajeshgeorge a Private Message Find more posts by rajeshgeorge Add rajeshgeorge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kayraman

Congrats

Hi Rajesh,
Congrats, can you share your experience on the Real exam. It will really help me in final preparation, since i am planning to take the real exam next week.

Bye
Ram

Old Post 01-05-2004 06:19 AM
kayraman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kayraman Click here to Send kayraman a Private Message Find more posts by kayraman Add kayraman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rajeshgeorge

Hi Ram,

Exam questions was 60:40 on exhibits and non exhibits respectively.I tackled non exhibit questions first and then exhibit based next.But I ran out of time for last 2 or 3 questions.

This is a wonderful test that we can pass if we know the basic concepts very well.There were some tricky questions based on patterns too.I think that solving any case study will be very helpful for the real exam.

Rajesh.

Old Post 01-05-2004 06:31 AM
rajeshgeorge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rajeshgeorge Click here to Send rajeshgeorge a Private Message Find more posts by rajeshgeorge Add rajeshgeorge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
palsumitpal

Hi
Congratulations on your success in the exam.
I have been preparing for the exam for about 2 months now and plan to appear soon.
I would like to know - if u gave the exam on a 17" monitor.
Did u apply for the exam at a Prometric Center.
It seems you have to go through a few approvals and paper work in order to get a 17" monitor for the exam.
Did u go through a similar process for yourself.

Thanks for your time and help
Sumit

Old Post 01-05-2004 05:29 PM
palsumitpal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for palsumitpal Click here to Send palsumitpal a Private Message Find more posts by palsumitpal Add palsumitpal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rajeshgeorge

Hi Sumit,

I didnt get 17" monitor. In order to get that facility, we need to check each prometric center seperately and there is no formal procedures for getting one. It will be very helpful if we have 17" monitor, even though the test engine has a tile option where we can see question and answers simultaneously.

Regards,
Rajesh.

Old Post 01-06-2004 02:47 AM
suryaAkumar

Smile

In order to register for the IBM 486(OOAD with UML), do I need to register directly at prometric center or anywhere else?

---Surya

Old Post 03-09-2004 03:41 AM
suryaAkumar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for suryaAkumar Click here to Send suryaAkumar a Private Message Find more posts by suryaAkumar Add suryaAkumar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kayraman

Yes, you can register with any prometric authorized centre. The fees should be around Rs. 3750 /-.

bye
Ram

Old Post 03-09-2004 03:46 AM
kayraman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kayraman Click here to Send kayraman a Private Message Find more posts by kayraman Add kayraman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
suryaAkumar

Question

Thanks ram...........

one more thing, can i take the 486 test alone or is it a part of any certification as in IBM site it is seen something as a part of some certification.

Regards
Surya

Old Post 03-09-2004 03:50 AM
suryaAkumar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for suryaAkumar Click here to Send suryaAkumar a Private Message Find more posts by suryaAkumar Add suryaAkumar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kayraman

Hi Surya
Ofcourse you can take the 486 alone, but it is one of the prerequisite for jCert Enterprise Developer. Once you clear 486 exam, you get printed mark sheet with grade and result, not any more than that.

For JCert details, have a look at it
http://www.jcert.org/jobroles/enterpriseDev.html

Bye
Ram

Old Post 03-09-2004 04:01 AM
Serge Adzinets

JCert is dead! Just look at www.jcert.org. For now 486 is the part of IBM Certified Enterprise Developer for Websphere role.

Old Post 03-10-2004 09:20 AM
Serge Adzinets is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Serge Adzinets Click here to Send Serge Adzinets a Private Message Find more posts by Serge Adzinets Add Serge Adzinets to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
palsumitpal

Hi Surya
Prometric will not accomodate your request for 17" monitor.
You will have to go through their special requirements center to get a clearance etc.
Call Prometric and they will tell u where to contact.
But a 17" monitor will really help.
Sumit

Old Post 03-10-2004 05:28 PM
palsumitpal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for palsumitpal Click here to Send palsumitpal a Private Message Find more posts by palsumitpal Add palsumitpal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote