Objects by Design Forums Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
Objects by Design Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.5 Objects by Design Forums > Main Forums > UML Certification > passed the UML certification with 83%
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
piygoyal

Smile passed the UML certification with 83%

Hello

Today , I passed the UML certifiaction with 83 % . I would like to thank all of you for ur valuable comments and especially Bala and cfw for preparing the sample test paper. I dont know whether I am correct or not , but I feel that there are certain answers specifically in bala's sample paper , which are quite ambiguous . I would request bala to once aagain go thu those answers , so that in future whosoever references this sample paper, gets the right answer and not simply believe what has been posted there. i guess the credibilty of this site is so good that somebody would accept even the wrong answers , so dont want that wrong messages should be flowing from this valuable repository.

Would be happy to answer any questions on UML(at least give it a shot) , if any body needs any help.

Thanks
Piyush Goyal

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-24-2003 10:54 AM
piygoyal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for piygoyal Click here to Send piygoyal a Private Message Find more posts by piygoyal Add piygoyal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kayraman

Congragulation

Dear Piyush Goyal
Congrats for clearing and getting good score. I am planning to take exam on Jan 2nd week. It will great if you could answer few questions, so that i could prepare for exam.

1) How different it is from ICE Exam.
2) Any suggestion for preparing visual questions.
3) Are the questions based on only patterns given in larman's book or 24 Gof patterns.

with regards
Ram

Old Post 12-26-2003 04:27 AM
kayraman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kayraman Click here to Send kayraman a Private Message Find more posts by kayraman Add kayraman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
piygoyal

Tips

Hi Ram

All the best for the exam. Here are the answers to your queries:

1) The pattern of actual exam is quite similar to ICE exam. The difference lies in the fact that in actual exam, the probability of getting ambigious questions is very less. The probability of scenario based questions to theoritical question would be 70:30 . Don't get panicky on seeing the scenario based questions, I would rather say that they are simpler as compared to theoritical questions. The exhibits are so big in size, but the question would be on a very small portion of it. Moreover one can be sure on scenario based questions, but not so in theoritical based questions.

2) Refer to 1 above. Read Larman carefully, the chapters of identifying use cases, actors, domain classes, collaborations, interactions .

3) For this test, patterns given in the book are good enough to cover the range of patterns. Important GOF patterns are covered in this book. Only if u have ample time and u have covered rest of the things, then go for rest of the patterns.

Cheers n luck
Piyush Goyal

Old Post 12-26-2003 04:38 AM
piygoyal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for piygoyal Click here to Send piygoyal a Private Message Find more posts by piygoyal Add piygoyal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kayraman

Thank You

Hi Piyush

Thank's a lot for clearing my questions. Take care.

Bye
Ram

Old Post 12-26-2003 04:49 AM
kayraman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kayraman Click here to Send kayraman a Private Message Find more posts by kayraman Add kayraman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kayraman

Question Clarification Needed For Prepartion

Hi Piyush,
How did you approach your preparation especially for the exam objectives like.

1) Focus on behavior while modeling the domain.
2) Effectively assign responsibilities to appropriate classes.
3) Determine when a new class is needed.

I am really not able to find right justification for questions especially "If New Requirement Comes" nature. Can you tell your approach in solving it.

Bye
Ram

Old Post 12-29-2003 05:08 AM
piygoyal

Hi Ram
All ur three questions are around GRASP patterns , in understanding whom should be responsible for assigning a particular job, and when to create a new class for taking up a job. Refer to chapter 17 of Larman , which explains in detail the application of GRASP pattern . Moreover dont get bogged down with these , since this is not the entirety of UML modelling. Different people look at the same thing with different perspectives. What all u need to do is to allign ur thinking in a particular perspective (which is more object orinetd and more sophisticated).

If a new requirements comes into picture , try drawing the SSD diagrams first . Think of the current domain model , and try to apply the GRASP patterns as to who should be responsible for taking up the job , and if necessary create a new class if none of the class in the current domain model may deem fit for taking up the responsibility. For this there is a good example question in sample ICE test .

Single Select - Please select the best answer (one and only one choice must be selected).

Refer to the exhibits to answer the question.

There are two new requirements for IBMStore.com: discounts for damaged goods, and searches by size and color. Using Figure Sample 2, which of the following is the BEST way to extend the class diagram to handle these requirements?
a) Extend the InventoryProduct class to handle the new requirements.

b) Create a new class "PhysicalProduct" that represents an actual product in the warehouse. Associate the PhysicalProduct with its related InventoryProduct.

c) Add new capabilities to the Inventory class for the management of its Products.

d) No changes are needed due to these requirements.

Refer to the attached jpeg image.

Now lets go with each of the answers . Option 1 says that we should extend the current class , which can solve the problem , but at what cost. It would include lot of redundency . Refer to page 142 of Larman . (Adding Specification Conceptual Classes).

Refer to point C .- This doesn't make sense at all , since these are not the properties of main Inventory class , so can not put these attributes in Inventory class at all .

refer to pint b - This makes the most obvious choice . Since this is the one which describes creating a new class which can handle description class for a type of item.

I hope this would bring some clarity to the situation.

Ppl please join and corrent me if I am wrong anywhere.

Attachment: quest.jpg
This has been downloaded 2024 time(s).

Old Post 12-29-2003 05:38 AM
kayraman

Small Clarification

Hi Piyush

I need small clarification in real exam format. I have Whizlab trial version, they show sections(dynamic,static,..) from which the question is originating. In real exam do they also follow the same format or it is different.

Thank you for you response on responsibility identification and justification for the answers. Now i am clear on it.

Bye
Ram

Old Post 12-31-2003 03:50 AM
piygoyal

hi ram

Dont get bogged down by seeing the questions in Whizlab trial version 8 questions . Those are pretty tough ones and and not the types u get in actual exam.
However the questions in the exam are distributed in the same way that is Some percent in static modelling , some in req. .......
But u will not be told that this question belongs to which category. Final result will tell that how much have u scored in each category in percentage format.

Cheers n happy new year.
Piyush

Old Post 12-31-2003 04:08 AM
rjt

Thumbs up

Congrats!!!

and thanks for your valuable suggestions..

i was actually bit down after a round learning & attempting Wizhlabs trials

Last edited by rjt on 12-31-2003 at 08:24 AM

Old Post 12-31-2003 08:16 AM
rjt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rjt Click here to Send rjt a Private Message Find more posts by rjt Add rjt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pradi

Hi rjt,

Yes, don't get disheartened by the toughness of the questions from our mock exam simulator. We've intentionally made it tougher than the actual exam to ensure that you Not just PASS the exam but "SCORE HIGHER THAN YOUR EXPECTATIONS".

Hope this helps.

Happy learning!

Old Post 01-17-2004 06:37 AM
pradi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pradi Click here to Send pradi a Private Message Visit pradi's homepage! Find more posts by pradi Add pradi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chandrugs

Thumbs up

Hi Piyush,

I am new member for this forum. Congrats on clearing the Certification.
Can you please guide me how should i proceed to get certified in UML. Yours or any member of this forum suggesstions is highly appreciated
Please do let me know..

Thanks in advance
chandru

Old Post 12-28-2004 05:14 AM
chandrugs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chandrugs Click here to Send chandrugs a Private Message Find more posts by chandrugs Add chandrugs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote